• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lowering b2

carbedcobra93

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok iv seached for this but cant get a straight answer. I have a 89 bronco II that I want to lower. Its is 4wd but I want to convert to 2wd. I have an explorer rear for it so the back I am good with but what do I need to convert the front to 2wd? From what I read 2wd ranger stuff will not work. I will buy b2 lowering I beams and lowering sprngs but what else do I need?

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
swap your ttb's out for the 2wd i beams, use the 2wd radius arms, i'd go ahead and go with poly pivot bushings while i had it all out, remove front driveshaft and install yoke back into t-case with the boot on to keep it from getting contaminated or comming out. u could swap trannys with the 2wd exploder and get rid of the t-case as well, but then u are gonna need a different rear driveshaft

carbedcobra93

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
thanks. Im doing a v8 swap so ill be throwing away the trans and 2.9. Gonna price everything out and see whats the better way between this or mustang II.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
there were times where i contemplated lowering mine and putting a v8 in it, and throw some cobra 18's on it, i was gonna keep the 4wd if i did it for good launches and awd capability :headbang:.. i threw that idea out a long time ago, i would still like to see it done

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
get some 2wd i beams from a 2wd b2. ther should be some one on here that has them

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals