• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84BII driveline

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking to upgrade my stock cv style rear driveline. I was wonering if there are any soild driveshafts I could swap in? :3gears:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm surprised you have a cv style driveshaft on an 84. My 84 b2 had a double and single cardan drivesaft on it.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I need to speak to this pet peeve . . sorry. I see this a lot now, but it is incorrect. A driveline refers to everything that propels the vehicle. That means the transmission, the driveshaft etc . all of it. The driveshaft is the correct name of the part you are referring to.

Last edited:

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I need to speak to this pet peeve . . sorry. I see this a lot now, but it is incorrect. A driveline refers to everything that propels the vehicle. That means the transmission, the drivehshaft etc . all of it. The driveshaft is the correct name of the part you are referring to.
Your AWESOME :yahoo:

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
and you obviously are a child.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
No unfortunately when someone refuses to learn . . they just show their ignorance. So to many of us, you look plenty ignorant. Learn to learn child , I'm guessing your teachers would concur. That means agree . . .

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
anyways, back to the topic, different b2's come with different d-shafts, and it doesnt seem to be year specific, depending on the tranny there is different lengths, go to the j/y and try to find a double cardon shaft, or buy one from www.driveshaftsuperstore.com (they make quality stuff). i wouldnt waste my time with a regular spicer single u joint style (i swapped one in and i get mad vibes with only a 2" aal in the back), the stock cv shaft didnt have vibes but made some mad clicking noises upon stopping so i swapped it out with the extra the guy gave me when i bought my rig

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
anyways, back to the topic, different b2's come with different d-shafts, and it doesnt seem to be year specific, depending on the tranny there is different lengths, go to the j/y and try to find a double cardon shaft, or buy one from www.driveshaftsuperstore.com (they make quality stuff). i wouldnt waste my time with a regular spicer single u joint style (i swapped one in and i get mad vibes with only a 2" aal in the back), the stock cv shaft didnt have vibes but made some mad clicking noises upon stopping so i swapped it out with the extra the guy gave me when i bought my rig
See, now this is the kinda answer I was looking for. Not some winny bull shit. Thank you, :icon_thumby: :icon_cheers:

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
you need to go out to the bush and pick a good switch . . .

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
What you need to do is measure what you have now and go to the junkyard and buy the style you want of the same length.

I'm surprised you have a cv style driveshaft on an 84. My 84 b2 had a double and single cardan drivesaft on it.
Me too, I thought that only 86 and up had the CV.

I need to speak to this pet peeve . . sorry. I see this a lot now, but it is incorrect. A driveline refers to everything that propels the vehicle. That means the transmission, the driveshaft etc . all of it. The driveshaft is the correct name of the part you are referring to.
Inland Truck Parts told me that the terms are interchangeable, and that 'drivetrain' or 'powertrain' are usually used to refer to everything else. Not trying to argue semantics with you but just what I was told by a driveline shop :icon_thumby:

http://www.inlandtruck.com/products/drivelines.php

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals