• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Forum Sections

TXxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I see a section for off road Rangers and a section that seems to be more for custom mini trucks. Where is the section for regular 2wd Rangers?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I believe you may be right. This is what I see for regular trucks;
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196
You must excuse me as I almost never look at the index, I just check "new posts" and don't pay too much attention to where the posts originate. Maybe someone else has a suggestion?

Richard

TXxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I still haven't found a section for normal 2wd trucks? I am kinda baffled by this.

I also find it odd that there are sections for full size Chevy and Dodge. Isn't that like a Mustang forum having a Camaro section?

Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
On here, stock 2wd trucks that are mostly street driven get lumped into the mini truck category.

As for the others. Lots of members have non Ford vehicles, many of them used to tow off road only Rangers. They don't want to have to go elsewhere to discuss those.

Last edited:

TXxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It just seems odd to me that the majority of Rangers on the road on not 4wd and are not street trucks, so why don't they have a section?

I have been on many different car and truck forums, and few have sections for other makes. They had general automotive sections for anything other than the forums specified type. I am not saying that its wrong, just seems odd.

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
I see a section for off road Rangers and a section that seems to be more for custom mini trucks. Where is the section for regular 2wd Rangers?
What do you mean by regular 2wd Rangers ?:icon_confused:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It just seems odd to me that the majority of Rangers on the road on not 4wd and are not street trucks, so why don't they have a section?

I have been on many different car and truck forums, and few have sections for other makes. They had general automotive sections for anything other than the forums specified type. I am not saying that its wrong, just seems odd.
First off note that it is an "Offroad Truck" section, not a "4WD Truck" section.

To the best I can figure you are talking about the "your garage" sections. A lot of that has been driven by the TOTM competitions and an attempt to draw in a diverse crowd into this forum that has been off-road truck biased since its inception.

At one time this forum just had a single TOTM winner, and one big under construction section and and showoff section that everything was posted into. Both street trucks and off-road trucks competed for the same title. Nominees for the competition mostly came from the build build and show-off sections, and offroad trucks stayed at the top of that section. As such street trucks rarely got nominated and it was much rarer that they would win. Of course this upset owners of those trucks, and they started migrating elsewhere.

To try to draw that crowd back in, Jim split the TOTM into STOTM and ORTOTM. The STOTM still had low participation because it was hard to find build and show-off thread for those trucks on the forum. So the build and show-off sections were split. Well you still had off road style trucks competing in/winning the STOTM competition because they were deemed "mall crawlers". Once again this upset the 2wd and street truck crowd. In an attempt to make the competition a little more fair, the rules were tweaked and the name changed to reflect the tweaked rules. Thus mini-truck sections were born. The mini sections are intended to be for stockish 2wd trucks and the street truck builds. The off-road truck sections are meant for off-road oriented builds of both 2wd and 4wd trucks, or anyone that deems their stock truck more off-road than street.

There's half the history (not really) of this forum to the best that my brain can remember it. Unfortunately it still probably doesn't answer the question. IMO it'd be fine if they did away with the TOTMs and different build sections and went back to just about trucks. Have the different suspension sections for each type of suspension (stock, lifted, lowered, SAS), a section for 4wd systems, and that's it. That's what this site is about, the trucks, not who's most popular this month. Fortunately I'm not the one running things around here.

As for that last section, "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!" ...uh, I mean this is TRS, not those other sites. We do things the way it works for us, if it upsets you that bad leave. If you can live with it, stay and adapt. You'll eventually get used to the way it works and wonder why you ever questioned it, and it won't take as long as you may think.

Yeah, I had to think about that one too. Haven't seen too many regular 2wd rangers around here. What ever may exist in the wild, I'm not sure that there are enough here on TRS to justify a separate section.

Last edited:

TXxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I think that is fairly self explanatory. A regular 2wd Ranger is a stock or nearly stock truck that has not been lowered to become a street or custom truck. This would be an example.

Last edited:

TXxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
First off note that it is an "Offroad Truck" section, not a "4WD Truck" section.

To the best I can figure you are talking about the "your garage" sections. A lot of that has been driven by the TOTM competitions and an attempt to draw in a diverse crowd into this forum that has been off-road truck biased since its inception.

At one time this forum just had a single TOTM winner, and one big under construction section and and showoff section that everything was posted into. Both street trucks and off-road trucks competed for the same title. Nominees for the competition mostly came from the build build and show-off sections, and offroad trucks stayed at the top of that section. As such street trucks rarely got nominated and it was much rarer that they would win. Of course this upset owners of those trucks, and they started migrating elsewhere.

To try to draw that crowd back in, Jim split the TOTM into STOTM and ORTOTM. The STOTM still had low participation because it was hard to find build and show-off thread for those trucks on the forum. So the build and show-off sections were split. Well you still had off road style trucks competing in/winning the STOTM competition because they were deemed "mall crawlers". Once again this upset the 2wd and street truck crowd. In an attempt to make the competition a little more fair, the rules were tweaked and the name changed to reflect the tweaked rules. Thus mini-truck sections were born. The mini sections are intended to be for stockish 2wd trucks and the street truck builds. The off-road truck sections are meant for off-road oriented builds of both 2wd and 4wd trucks, or anyone that deems their stock truck more off-road than street.

There's half the history (not really) of this forum to the best that my brain can remember it. Unfortunately it still probably doesn't answer the question. IMO it'd be fine if they did away with the TOTMs and different build sections and went back to just about trucks. Have the different suspension sections for each type of suspension (stock, lifted, lowered, SAS), a section for 4wd systems, and that's it. That's what this site is about, the trucks, not who's most popular this month. Fortunately I'm not the one running things around here.

As for that last section, "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!" ...uh, I mean this is TRS, not those other sites. We do things the way it works for us, if it upsets you that bad leave. If you can live with it, stay and adapt. You'll eventually get used to the way it works and wonder why you ever questioned it, and it won't take as long as you may think.

Yeah, I had to think about that one too. Haven't seen too many regular 2wd rangers around here. What ever may exist in the wild, I'm not sure that there are enough here on TRS to justify a separate section.
I guess I see what your saying. As an owner of a stockish 2wd, I am having a hard time not really fitting into either section. I am really interested in making a few alterations or improvements to my truck and keeping up with its repairs etc. The reason I figured this would be a great forum to join is that its members seem to know which modifications work and which ones do not. I am more interested in the usefulness of the truck and not really into lowered customized trucks much at all, although I do enjoy seeing what people come up with. I never said I was upset. Geez... Why do people on forums always think people are mad just because they question something or don't like how something is done?

Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I didn't think you were upset, you were curious and looking for an explanation. I explained the best I could. When I said you, I wasn't meaning YOU. I was generic form of you (unspecified person), not the specific form of you (TXxlt).

TXxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ah. That's alright. I do understand your explanation and it makes some sense.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals