• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

duff traction bars

c0ld

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
I have an '89 ranger extended cab 4x4 with an explorer 8.8 and explorer springs in the rear. I took out the stock lift blocks and i have the stiffer springs, but I'm still having issues with the axle hopping in the sand when i step on the gas or when just starting out. I've been thinking about getting a set of the $99 dollar james duff traction bars. I'd like to get some input from people who have these bars and if they would help me or not or if someone has any other suggestions that would be appreciated also.

Here's the bars i was thinking about getting:
http://www.jamesduff.com/broncoII/tracbar.html

insaneranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/40 R18
I was at James Duff's shop a few days ago and looked up close at a few of their trucks and I can say for sure that their stuff is VERY well made & strong!! I hang out there sometimes on my days off and drool over their rock crawlers and 4X4's in the back of the shop. Call them and ask for Brian. They can tell you the best solution for your vehicle & they won't steer you wrong just to make a sell. Hope this helps.

c0ld

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
True, i've heard a lot of good things about james duff as a company and have no doubt as to whether they make a quality product. My question is does any here have these on their own truck and do they think they would help correct my problem.

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
I had a 96 ranger 2.3 M5D with the trac bars. They helped a huge amount, but I only had stock ranger springs. They do not help with bouncing axle (only good shocks help that), but work great against axle wrap.

c0ld

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
i see what you're saying. I plan on swapping in a set of chevy leafs and the skyjacker nitro shocks to match. Hopefully that'll help a little.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals