• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

8.8 rear end info

boosted2.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello all, I have a '94 XLT w/ a 4.0 and a 5 spd, 2x4 p/u. It has a 3.07 open rear end in it. I also have an 8.8 I was going to put in my '85 Turbo Ranger, and a limited slip carrier. Will the complete rear from the '85 bolt up to my '94?. If it will bolt up I'm going to get the carrier set up in in the '85, and install the complete rear end in the '95. If it won't fit I'll have to set up the carrier in the '94 housing. Is there a list that shows what will fit what. Hope this isn't too confusing. :cool:

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
The 85 axle might have a smaller pinion flange, and be slightly narrower. Other than that it would fit. You could swap the pinion flanges and you'd be good to go. If you go that route be sure to mark the nut and threads so you don't over tighten it and overcrush the crush sleeve.

boosted2.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the reply,

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals