• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LED Conversion

MorganMcCann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone have a full list of the lamps needed for an LED conversion?
Specifically the white cargo lamps, and the reverse lamps?
I've been finding two things online. One says it is a T13, and the other a T15 LED lamp.
Thanks!

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Check out superbrightleds.com, enter your truck info, and it'll tell you what you need...

SVT

firstfordranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
LED dash lights

Can anyone give me a brief description of how many LEDs can go behind the dash? I have been around the web and have yet to read how many or which ones you should or can change. Id like to know about the ac and standard radio w/ tape deck if anyone knows. Im new to all this and dont really want to be taking my dash apart just look. Also Iv been to superbrightleds.com and got a list of LEDs but they all still seem so different. The website also gives disclamers as to getting a 'wide angle' vs other types. Im not too picky I know im going to get the white ones but if anyone could just tell me what they did that would also be great. Thank you for being patient with my lack of experience.

Firstfordranger. 1996 4x4 4.0 STX

97LowRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
Can anyone give me a brief description of how many LEDs can go behind the dash? I have been around the web and have yet to read how many or which ones you should or can change. Id like to know about the ac and standard radio w/ tape deck if anyone knows. Im new to all this and dont really want to be taking my dash apart just look. Also Iv been to superbrightleds.com and got a list of LEDs but they all still seem so different. The website also gives disclamers as to getting a 'wide angle' vs other types. Im not too picky I know im going to get the white ones but if anyone could just tell me what they did that would also be great. Thank you for being patient with my lack of experience.

Firstfordranger. 1996 4x4 4.0 STX
I used this exact bulbs, haven't had an issue in over a yr now, i used some from autozone and had them blinking and going off, im 90% sure you will make it with 10 like i said its being over a year now but i believe it uses around 6 in the dash and 2 on the ac controls i used blue and looks great on the black ill try to put up a pic.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Firstfordranger (and to some extent the O.P.),

I wrote this up a while ago for my instrument panel, didn't do the center radio and stuff.

I will warn you, the color film on the back of the cluster is actually BLUE, not green. I saw a thing about very lightly sanding the coloring off the back of the gauge faces but I don't have time to look right now.

ALSO, the smaller bulbs (#74), I'd consider leaving those alone or replacing them with regular bulbs. My battery and airbag light never quite go off. You can't see them during the day except when they flash when you turn the truck on, but they look like they're just on when at night. A few others are dimmer still, but you can see the outline at night. Drives me nuts...

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/winter2009/gauge_removal.htm

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals