• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

E Fans 3.0L

werewolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 & 1999 & 1
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0&3.0&2.9&351c
Transmission
Manual
My credo
take life day by day
With all my 3.0 research, i have decided to start with the E fan and then exhaust. But i was looking at some fan kits. And i had a brain fart, my tape got it where a 20"X 20" will fit on the inside. But would it not be better to go with two 10" E fans than one. give more center space but my main thought is with two fans if one go's bad you might be able to limp home with the other. What way would you go,has anyone tried the two smaller E fans. Thanks This is a manual five speed

Last edited:

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a 16" on my '00. E-fans are very reliable these days, and besides my fan rarely comes on, so if it fails on a cool day I'll get home no problem, and if it fails on a hot day in traffic I'll just shut my engine off at stop lights and I'm confident that I'll have no problem getting home.

Froggmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0FFV
Transmission
Manual
I run a 16" fan as well, more than enough to keep this little engine cool. These trucks stay plenty cool with a well functioning cooling system as long as you're driving over 15-20mph--without any fan. So don't sweat fan failure, if something does fail, heed the above advice.

FWIW--I'm also running an U/D crank pulley and partial grill block. The truck never gets remotely warm without any fan going unless I'm doing a lot of stop'n'go traffic in warmer weather.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
FYI, most 01 and newer Ranger 4 cylinder trucks came with an e-fan from the factory. I installed one on mine with an aftermarket controller and have been very happy. You get OEM quality that fits the 3.0 Radiator perfectly, but the depth of the shroud will need to be trimmed to avoid hitting the accessories on the 3.0.

werewolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 & 1999 & 1
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0&3.0&2.9&351c
Transmission
Manual
My credo
take life day by day
Ok , guts i thank you. i will shop for a 16"fan. This is not my daily driver, it's my spare. I guess i might have said something about that i live in west Texas and we have a lot of hot and dry days here. This is med Feb. and it's 81 out there now

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
A 16" fan should handle your Texas heat no problem.

Dan R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Installation of an engine oil cooler should act as a backup cooler reducing fan load.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals