• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Edlebrock IAS Shocks

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
Snag the rears! They are the same then check around for the fronts!!!

G8RB8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I just picked up a set of these for my '88 Bronco II

I checked parts numbers everywhere on other shock companies - Monroe, Gabriel, etc - and all the parts numbers for 83-89 4x4 BII's and Rangers were the same, so I went with it

My BII rides like a bathtub on wheels right now, and my other car is a Navigator, so I should be able to give a good comparison of these when I get them on

Thanks for the heads up on this, the prices are dirt cheap. Set of all 4 I paid $94 and some change for to my door. Unreal. . .

warrior24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I cant find any for 92 2wd ranger? Am I blind or do they no longer carry for my model and year.

Xandor

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
I just picked up a set of these for my '88 Bronco II

I checked parts numbers everywhere on other shock companies - Monroe, Gabriel, etc - and all the parts numbers for 83-89 4x4 BII's and Rangers were the same, so I went with it

My BII rides like a bathtub on wheels right now, and my other car is a Navigator, so I should be able to give a good comparison of these when I get them on

Thanks for the heads up on this, the prices are dirt cheap. Set of all 4 I paid $94 and some change for to my door. Unreal. . .
How did they turn out? I need something for my 88 BII

G8RB8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
How did they turn out? I need something for my 88 BII
I literally just saw my truck today with them on, but that's all I had time to do as I was dropping off tires for it on my way to doing something else

I have a buddy here who's a head Mech at BMW, so when it comes to quick stuff that is just better done with air tools (like putting on shocks by getting screws loose that haven't moved in 20 years), I just leave it to him. He's had it for a few weeks now nickel and diming it when he's had time to get some stuff done, so it hasn't even been in my driveway for what seems like forever. Hopefully I will get it back here very soon and I will give a good report after I get a few trips around town on them

For kicks, I did the "shaker" test by just trying to rock the BII back and forth by hand, and I can tell you it is MUCH more firm than what I had before

:icon_cheers:

G8RB8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I got the truck back today, even though my buddy isn't done with it, so I'm only going to ride around with it for a short time. For sake of argument, I still have 4 Rims and 4 30" tires in the back (waiting to get mounted), so it is weighted down some

I took it around town, and on the highway around 75mph, and I can tell a whole world of difference. My shocks that I had before were complete trash, so of course anything was going to feel better, but these are awesome for ride. The ride was extremely smooth, and the truck was not riding nearly as stiff as I thought it was going to. Also helped the handling a ton. . . there's a hard right turn around my house that has a small pothole in it, and previously it would hit that thing hard and feel like it juttered the whole truck sideways. Today I made sure to hit it on purpose, it took it really smooth, and I felt I had full control.

On the highway, it rode as smooth as could be expected. I normally felt every small bump in the road, but it rode right over them today without much vibration at all

My Stepdad has a Tacoma Pre-Runner with Bilstiens, and I already like these Edelbrocks more as they aren't nearly as stiff as those

Of course, have not driven it off road or in wet conditions yet, and they still need 20-25 miles before they settle in, but for $95 or so, it seems like a steal so far.

Xandor

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet, I'll order them then.

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
APOLOGIES for reviving a 3-yr-OLD thread but... it seems these uber shocks w/ patented whiz-bang features are... NO LONGER MANUFACTURED, yes/no?? :icon_confused:

Clarity needed, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals