• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gibson S/S Exhaust

Buckeyeman

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I installed the Gibson stainless steel exhaust (p/n 619713) on my Ranger. I was very pleased that it was not loud. It was slightly louder than stock. The fit was excellent too. The folks at Realtruck.com were excellent to deal with too. They direct shipped it from Gibson in CA. I did have to order a new tailpipe hanger from Ford (p/n 6L5Z-5260-AA) to complete the install cause mine was rotted out from Ohio winters. Now that I have the new exhaust plus a Jet Performance chip and a K&N drop in air filter, I will be checking my gas mileage. Since the truck was new I consistently got 20 mpg with the a/c on, and 22 mpg with the a/c off in suburban driving. I think that is terrible for a 4 cyl. 2WD 5-speed. We'll have to see if that improves.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
I put a Gibson system on my Sport Trac when it was practically new. Very easy to install, bud of mine owns a transmission shop and I went there early one morning before he started to use the lift, I slipped him 20 bucks and me and him had it all done in less than 45 minutes. I just got the aluminized system but the front pipe is still original. The Gibson tailpipe and muffler rusted out last year so I got a Flowmaster DBX from Summit, slightly quieter than the Gibson, and had a local muffler shop install it and bend a new tailpipe.

I picked up 3-4 mpg on the highway if I keep it under 70. City mpg is no different than before.

Last edited:

Tazmaniman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
just did the Gibson cat back the beginning of this spring and I am very pleased with the tone and response. I'm running 3.0 with 35" tires, 4.56 gears in both axles, electric flex a lite fan, gibson exhaust and k&n air filter alon with air box mods, I am getting 18-18.5 mpg and Loving it!!

I only got about 16 when the truck was stock!

Buckeyeman

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Well after 2 tank fulls, the mileage jumped to 24.8 mpg in a 50/50 mix of air on and air off in suburban driving. Maybe it takes a while for the Jet chip and computer to adjust to the new exhaust, I don't know. So far so good. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals