• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

95 5.0 expo-ranger build thread

5ohRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
No way! I just hat the diff cover off today lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

5ohRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Got my brakes on. Once I figured out the pass side parking brake the driverside went pretty quick. I didn't have to remove the axles but I could see where that would benefit. Should get my driveshaft back this evening after work. Gotta figure out my pass side parking brake cause or isn't grabbing. Might just need some more adjusting.
Also pulled the trigger on the SCT Livewire 5015p last night so that's gonna be here maybe by tomorrow! These two mods should really wake the truck up!

5ohRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well here she sits after the axle install. To low for my taste plus the axle hits the bump stops super easy with a minimal bump in the road.
So I ordered some 1-2 inch lift shackles to lift it back up. I installed those this morning and I'm guessing that because my truck is 2wd it has a shorter shackle than a 4wd because the lift shackles actually lifted it 2 or 3 inches sick worked out great. I lifted it 3 inches and i like how she sits after the lift.
I did run into a problem though.... after installing the lift shackles it changed my pinion bearing to a degree that made it start vibrating bad at low speed.

I gotta do some measuring and order some pinion shims to correct the problem. She most DEF runs better with the 4:10 gears btw! [emoji106]

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Looking good brotha . Now get that front down lol I'm setting at a 4/6 with the expo rear out back and shackles flipped . I'm 1 I much from the frame . I'm going for the djm notch kit next . I wanna set at a 6/7 ideally . Hoping the extra 100lbs from my 5.0 install helps with that front coming down lol

Edit : Holy pinion angle batman !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals