• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II SAS Dana 30/8.8....

Iceman21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Engine Size
2.8L (soon to be 350) and 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Hey I just finished my d30 SAS and I need to build my steering because I have snug fit's going on.. It's pretty sketchy any help is appreciated thanks!

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey I just finished my d30 SAS and I need to build my steering because I have snug fit's going on.. It's pretty sketchy any help is appreciated thanks!
What do you need help with? Send me some pics or link to some pics so I can see.

springdale farms

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Been getting a lot people asking how to build the arms since this is such an easy swap I am going to give a parts break down....

Here is link to link ends from Ballistic this truck I used Currie JJ but I had them handy so that is why.
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Forged-Ballistic-Joints-Bushings_c_141.html

Bushing as you can see there is two option a premade end or just bushing and make your own. You just use leaf spring bushing. When AMC designed the front 4 link setup on the XJ they made with leaf spring bushings since the parts were easy to come by.
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Suspension-Bushings-Accessories_c_161.html

Bung ends two choices square or round the .250 wall square is cheaper then the .250 wall DOM by half...
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/125--12tpi-Tube-Adapters_c_176.html

The steel needed...
5 foot of square or round .250 wall 2 inch tube.
Some 1/4 plate to cut the bracket pcs.
And some 9/16s or 14mm bolts if pull your axle from the JY take all the lower control arm bolts they are 14mm.

I make my arms 29-30" bolt hole to bolt hole. Longer then that is a waste(unless you have 10 inches of suspension lift) but that is your call. Pretty simple I make my frame mounts 7 inches tall to got up the frame and hang down below the from 3.25". I make them 6 inches long and I set the edge 1/4" behind the last rivet of the front body mount. That puts you right in front of the tranny cross member. And saves a ton of work. You will have to trim a little off the body mount on the frame to get the mount a 1/4" off the rivet.
I love your thread. I have read it twenty times. I have some questions. I am trying to pre fab as munch as I can so I have a few questions.
1. What is the upper control arm measurment?
2. Did you fab a new drag link? Pitman arm a drop one?
3. I like your leaf spring bushing end link . Do you have a close up pic of it? I really want to copy it. Is it adjustable also?
4.Do I need a Jeep sway bar or can I use the b2 one with jeep disconects?
Thanks, I cant wait to start on my 87 b2 .

Dee88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man! I get excited everytime I get to build one of these RBV they are so cool and fun to swap. 2 days is my personal best I brought in help cause I knew no way I could toss the rear in during the 2 day window. Austin was a big help I had stay on him a little but he did great.

Yeah Double R is big pimping exo is almost done. And it is for sale. LOL :D
Ok I have some questions, what year was his B2? Do you remember what drive shaft you use?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals