• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PlumCrazy's F-1Fiddy Build

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
You can get magic markers that only show up under blacklight, that way the cops will never know what you are up to. :secret:

And watch where you keep keys with the dingo around... :icon_thumby:
My growing checklist for most of my shop my projects is on that board...I add more than I cross out typically.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Solved my crappy feeling brake pedal issue. Turns out the 1" bore F150 master can handle the 3/4 ton calipers and drums with out issue as long as the rear right wheel cylinder isn't puking fluid inside drum...

Moved the truck to work on a side job and found a puddle of fluid under a wet rear tire...

Looks like the pistons were distorted by rust and locked up..cheap fix, unfortunately the fluid had soaked the shoes.

Ended up replacing the shoes, springs, and cylinders in both drums as well as installing the correct parking brake cables.

Adjusted and bled the rear axle again...boom! Solid feeling pedal again.

Now I just need my damn wheels to be ready..

Looks like I need a taller hitch too..

Last edited:

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Wheels were finally ready to pick up Friday. Had the center bore opened to 5.155" and added a .100" 45* chamfer on the backside. The push trough caps fit perfectly.

I was worried the 4 cutouts for the original center caps would look odd, but surrounded by 8 lug nuts, they are not even noticeable.

Mounted up the new rubber and put 6-7oz of BBs in each, threw the new stickers on, and bolted them up. Couldn't be happier with the fitment of everything.

I may add a leaf after I see how it sits with a loaded trailer, but I am happy for now. I may also look into 245s for the rear next go around.

Sealed the deal with the AAA sticker...officially and old man truck now.

Got the front end of the D17 back together so I could roll it out of the shop and get the F150 on the lift. Changed the oil and greased up all the joints.

Went through all my speedo gear options...got it from being off by 20 mph at 60 to only being 5 off at 60.lol Ordered a 21 tooth gear that should put me on the money.

Put a little over 150 miles on it on Sat-Sunday. Even got a few thumbs up.

Scored some like new Yokohama Geolanders for the 2wd Ranger too

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Very sharp! :icon_thumby:

How goes the D-17 project?

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Wow did that come out nice :icon_cheers:
Motor is getting a full overhaul...previous owner lost a governor weight and it was ground up by the timing gears and pumped into all the bearings. The crank, sleeves and everything look fine. The block doesn't show any cracks, nor did the head. Still a mystery how the water got into the crankcase. The front steering gear and pump seem to be in working order now that we timed it all correctly and replaced some bearings.

Wanted to get the front half painted while it was apart, put it back together enough to roll around. The block and crank are at the machine shop getting a hot tank and inspection. If all checks out, we will throw it back together with new bearings and gaskets. The pushrods were trash aftermarkets and a few were bent and/or coming apart.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals