• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

86 B2 Swapeverydamthing!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow........That's horrible. Its to bad nobody makes a full size floor pan for these trucks because I bet there is a small market for them.
That would be great, so would full cab corners. Given that last fall I couldn't even find a full replacement bedside anymore I think the replacement sheetmetal selection is swinging the other way though. :annoyed:

mavereq

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Have you thought about something like lizard skin to coat the floors? They make some stuff that supposedly blocks noise and heat.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Actually my plan is to bring the truck out like it is with just the cheap bedliner spray and watch for any leaks or wet spots. If all is good and dry I plan to buy the full rubber floor mat LMC truck sells for these that goes from firewall to the hatch. Its like a $280 purchase so that will come once its finished and has some road miles on it.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Man this new 12hrs a day 5 days a week schedule is really cutting into my wrench time! Feel like I'm hardly getting anything done lately but I'm still picking away.

Floors are all sealed and coated inside and out. Very happy how it turned out and should last a long time now.

Ready to test fit seats now. I also pulled a mint black dash pad out of my parts truck in backyard and replaced the busted up red one. Then I removed the passenger side cubby and used some cargo netting to make that space actually useable.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Today I dug out the 60/40 bench I pulled out of a 88 Ranger extended cab and pulled the seat track off. I have read that Ranger and Bronco2 seat tracks were not interchangeable but in fact these are. I am using 90s Mustang buckets and I pulled the tracks off and swapped the outside hinge mechanism so the Mustang seat still operated like the Bronco seats do when you flip it forward and slide it to the dash. I also removed the inside hinge bolt and used a Tbird seat belt latch that bolts to that location. This gets rid of the Bronco style inside seat belt latch that moves on that little slider track. Now I can use stock seat belts for street driving and I can use the torx bolts in floor to attach some old lap belt harnesses for off roading. I also test fit the new gauge panel which I fricken love. Speedhut just shipped out my tach yesterday so Ill be able to finish the dash soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ve4b9vs_iM

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Good day. Both seats are bolted in for good now,threw the console in then climbed in and tried it on for size. Love the way it feels, fit like a glove.

I also modified the stock tcase push button shifter to work with my D20

Threw in my storage box full of straps and such then welded some nuts to the floor pan to mount the jack.

Spent some time under the hood finishing up the front dress on motor and put the serp belt on.

mavereq

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Looking good. I’m starting to like red interior.

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
Build is looking pretty good so far!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Didnt get a bunch done this week due to some family problems this week. My 12 year old Rottie got diagnosed with a nasal tumor and after dropping about a grand at the vet over the last two weeks I had to put her down Saturday morn. Wrecked me.

Well today I got out to the shop and picked away at the truck,nothing picture worthy today. I got the track bar on, fuel tank and skid plate in,half the fuel lines on,installed the extended brake hoses and painted up a clean stock front bumper I had a just threw that on for now.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
So sorry about your dog. I've been through similar things with several of my dogs over the years. It's a rough time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yes, sorry to hear about your Rottie. I'm sure all us pet lovers fell exactly the same. When I had to put my Dobie down, 7 yrs old, massive stomach tumor, I was worthless for a month or so. I always try to think about them not suffering any longer and it helps. Truck looks good too, always liked the red interior.

Good luck and I hope you mend soon too.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Ordered my shocks last night but I didnt get them from Duff. I ended up getting them from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard just up the road from me and only reason I bought theirs is because of color. I know it sounds silly but I just dont want any blue bushings or blue anything on the truck and JBG sells grey shocks with black bushings and boots.

I grabbed a B&M shifter from a friend and Ill modify the shift gate for better use off road.

I also scored a set of old but perfect Advance Adapters v8 swap headers! Im welding V-Bands on for collectors

Also swapped out the throttle cable for a foxbody cable and replaced the broken hood latch cable.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Forgot to add some pix from when I built the rock siders and the first pix of it on all fours

I now have the radiator mounted for good and the powersteering and trans coolers are on

The fan is on and I made up the hoses.

I also got the headers on,picked up a cover for the B&M shifter and to save me some time I dropped the c4 off at a local shop to just get it done. Guy only wanted $200 labor to rebuild it with all the parts I had bought so it was worth it to me since it will save me at least a weeks worth of work. Ill have the trans back on sunday.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals