• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 mazda dash into a 2002 ranger cab

juice90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I have a 94 B4000 4x4 that is mechanically decent but the body is getting rough. I also have an 02 ranger 2wd the my ex g/f tried to roll. The ranger has a 3 liter with a miss and a 5 speed, and has a 3rd door. The mazda has a 4 liter and a 5 speed, and a lift kit.

After reading a few threads, a cab swap looks doable without too much trouble, other than widening the front cab mounts. Looks like the 94 front clip should match the 02 cab.

What I am wondering about is will the 94 dash fit in the 02 cab? In the tech article, the author used the newer dash and switched harnesses. I want to retain the 94 dash, if possible.

Before you ask, the 02 suffered most of its damage to the drivers front fender and the box got hammered up. The cab suffered only a couple of small dents and broken glass and mirrors. Nothing was twisted or tweaked. She hit a snow bank sideways and flipped the truck in mid air and landed back on its wheels.

One of these trucks needs to go, and I'd rather keep the 4x4. Faced with the possibility of replacing the 3 liter because of the miss, and the amount of body work, vrs a running, drivable, but rusting out cab on the 4x4, I am inclined to think I'd like to keep the Mazda 4x4.

And thoughts comments would be great

little red ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Clusters from 1995 to 2003 are all direct swaps. The only difference is 1995 ones have the check engine light in a different spot. I have a 2003 cluster in my truck and it's a 1997. The harness is already prewired for the tach------------------------- I pulled the above from another source,,, maybe that will answer your question,,,,,, but I think if your 94 was a 95 you would be in business,,,, not sure how much the wiring changed from 94 to 95

Last edited:

little red ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
here is a link to wiring diagrams ,,,you can look up 94 and 95 and see what is different maybe,,,, try this link,,,lots of good diagrams here,,,, save and pass it around if the link works,,,http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd

juice90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Thanks.
After doing some digging, maybe the idea wont work so well. I was rather hoping that I could swap cabs out and the dash would be a straight bolt in affair, but came across a couple of different posts on other sites, and it sounds like in 95 they changed the fire wall a bit and maybe the dash wont fit, at least not without extensive mods.

Wiring and what not would have been pretty easy as I would have retained it all by changing the dash out, but now looks as if I would have to pull the harness from the 94 and put it into the 02 dash. Doable, just more work.

The whole idea originated because I figured it would be cool to have a 94 Mazda with the 3rd door. And the dash question came about because of the buttons that engage the transfer case. In 94 it has the 2 buttons and in 95 they went to the rotary knob. I would have to figure out how to make that work.

The only other problem now is, to find out if the front clip from the 94 mazda will bolt up to the 02 ranger cab. If it doesn't then the idea is pretty much out the window.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals