• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pinto carb/Duraspark vacuum questions..

yoyodyne

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Just got the carb today for the conversion on my 84 BII. Got one for a 1978 Pinto. Can I just cap off the bowl vent vacuum port ? Which port for the vacuum dist advance..there is one on the choke side above the throttle plates, will that work? Also, on the rear of the new carb there is a threaded hole on the bottom plate..I am guessing this is where the Pinto PCV valve was fitted to. Should I get a fitting and run the hose for the PCV valve there, or would it be OK to plug it and run the PCV valve to the now unused vacuum port on the rear of the EGR spacer? The PCV valve uses manifold vacuum,correct?

Jorley

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
Transmission
Manual
You want to use a vacuum port that is above the throttle plates for the vacuum advance. On the 2150 carb it is the one on the passenger side. The pcv does use manifold vacuum, so it should work.

yoyodyne

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Cool..all finished but the electric choke wire. Tech page says to tie it to the stator wire. Is that the white with black stripe wire coming from the alternator on an 84 BII?

Jorley

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
Transmission
Manual
I think that's right. I'll check mine tomorrow and make sure. I didn't even hook mine up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals