• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

91 Ranger fuel line leak

dino360

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Supercab
Transmission
Manual
I recently had my fuel pump replaced and noticed my truck had enveloped a problem starting cold. Now that the season is changing, this problem is becoming more troublesome. I'm having to prime the key several times before it will start(approximately 15-20) which leads me to believe all the pressure in the line is gone and the engine is basically getting an out of gas situation each time I turn it off. I started checking for leaks and smelled gas at the fuel tank area. Using a mirror, I found that there is a leak where the line connects to the fuel pump nipple coming out of the fuel tank. I was able to see one green o ring laying on top of the tank and another hanging out at the fuel line/fuel pump connection. I belive the o ring seal or seals fell off or were misaligned by the mechanic and I'm looking to see if anyone could tell me where I can find a diagram or picture of the correct o ring placement and what size and part number to replace them with. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals