• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

best fuel injectors

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
best fuel injectors?

Hey all,

My friend suggested upgrading my fuel injectors to give the engine a little more power. I was wondering what brand, pressure, and flow rate are the best for a 145000mi 3.0. Also, would I have to change anything else with the engine if the flow rate is increased? thanks

Last edited:

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
What else has been modified on your motor that your buddy would suggest an increased fuel injector size?

In 1997, your truck would still use an EV1 injector so any fuel injector designed for a 5.0L mustang would work. But you need some serious upgrades before you max out the factory fuel injectors. When someone uses aftermarket fuel injectors, this is not to increase horsepower, but to deliver the correct amount of fuel for the massive increase in the amount of air their engine inhales. Most forced induction or extremely high revving high horsepower engines will require more fuel than the stock injectors can deliver, so then we must increase the injector flow rate to feed our new engine's fuel demand.

Tuning is required with larger flow fuel injectors.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
ah, well then upgraded fuel injectors are pointless for me. All I have is an aftermarket exhaust. I might just replace them with oem ones because I have no idea how old the ones are that are on the engine now.

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Cheap insurance is to pull them out and clean them. You won't get "brand new" results, but a few cans of fuel injector cleaner and letting them soak overnight will help. Purchase new o-rings in case you tear some on removal or installation. Unless you have a leaky injector or one has a poor spray pattern I wouldn't waste the money to replace them. Check out Rogue Performance. Fred is very knowledgable with 3.0Ls and fords in general. He sold me an SCT X3 programmer with three custom tunes that I REALLY enjoyed. He also sonic cleans, rebuilds, flow matches injector sets in stock sizes for a good price if you are avid about replacing them.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
ok cool. thanks for the info

trxusrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What else has been modified on your motor that your buddy would suggest an increased fuel injector size?

In 1997, your truck would still use an EV1 injector so any fuel injector designed for a 5.0L mustang would work. But you need some serious upgrades before you max out the factory fuel injectors. When someone uses aftermarket fuel injectors, this is not to increase horsepower, but to deliver the correct amount of fuel for the massive increase in the amount of air their engine inhales. Most forced induction or extremely high revving high horsepower engines will require more fuel than the stock injectors can deliver, so then we must increase the injector flow rate to feed our new engine's fuel demand.

Tuning is required with larger flow fuel injectors.

That is Bluntly the best way to explain this typical scenario.... Well Put!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals