• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fender flares

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
hey guys, so i have purchased a 98 mazda b2500, the rear wheel wells are rotting out, but i can hide it if i cut out that rotten metal, use a little POR to stop it from further rusting and then attach fender flares. heres my issue, bushwacker no longer carries them, and i have checked with a few number of sites and no one stocks them anymore, not even the dealer. Now the dealer does have a pair of up to 2001 fender flares, i am 99% sure that the body style never changed thus making it almost a sure thing that these will fit. just wondered if anyone has any experience with this or knows of any other interchangable years. i have searched alot on this forum about the flares, and most talk is about the ranger flares and not so much about the b-series flares. some threads just have a question with no reply's, so im hoping i have a little better luck. i would say that this would be an important topic for rangers as well as b-series trucks, but to my surprise there are no sticky's. so all in all im asking what year flares would fit what year truck (b-series)

Last edited:

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mine are stock 94 flares not sure if they would fit. you might also try the newer fx4 flares I used pop rivots to mount them came out very nice the stock way was a pita! so rivots was my idea, Not knowing the out come lol
My truck

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
I have thought about those, but my main reason for wanting the flares is to cover up rust, so if they just bolt on to the inner wheel well, there no good to me. They must be able to come up the side of the box and attatch with a 3m adheasive above where the rust is, that way I can just cut out the garbage metal and mask it by the flares for now. So back to my original question, has anyone tried to fit ranger flares on a mazda? and does anyone know the interchangeable years for Mazda flares. cuz it seems to me i can grab Mazda flares off of a 2009 truck and they will fit on my 98, but i would like to confirm that before I go spend 500$ on flares from the dealership

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
ok so i was researching the pacer uni flares, and at first i didnt notice the side mount application, which is what im looking for. does anyone have pics of their ride with these pacer side mount flares? the no lip kind for fender that have been cut out.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
Sorry, I haven't seen them mounted, but I've also thought about the side mount ones, I have cut fenders and would like to give it a finished look.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
If you find the stockers work I have a brand new set of the older style ranger rears, still in the box from Ford. Lemme know if your interested.

Raw16057

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 94 B4000 that was rusting around the wheels and the problem that caused it was holes rusted through the top of the wheelwell letting in the dreaded salt. I rebuilt my wheelwhells with aluminum flashing then used fiberglass over and then bondo over the glass. It ain't pretty but it worked well

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
+1 for the effort!!! i was considring attempting to rebuild the fenders, buuuuuut they are kinda not there, lol. so id have to reconstruct both feders, and if i were to do it, itd look like shit. so for me either flares to cover it up, or fibreglass bedsides. and neither are cheap. i was also thinking maybe flares from a flareside ranger would fit the mazda, not sure on that one, but just maybe.. lol i wish there wer more insurance writeoff's in the scrap yards around here, id love a 2000+ bed and front end conversion, would make my life so much easier!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals