• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

goodyear duratrac

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
After looking around with help from you guys and my friends here I purchased the goodyear dura trac. The size I got was the 265/75r16 in and e load rating. This is just an the first review to let you all know what I think and what I have done with them so far.
1st- These tires make a little noise at low speed, but you can't hear them at highway speed (70-75 mph) radio off and windows down.

2nd- Traction on pavement is very good. I have tried to spin out all these tires do is launch that much harder. In powder dirt it is like having shovels attached to your wheels, they dig in and again launch you hard. Down side to that is they do have the sidewall lugs, which I have never used before, they actually stick outside the wheel well and coat your ranger in a thick layer of dirt (which is fine except I had my windows open.)

3rd- These tires do look tough, people who are into trucks looking like a truck are loving the overall appearance.

4th- Price was not too bad, it was $915 plus some change. At discount tire with tax and m/b. If I get 4 years out of this heavy duty tire then they have paid for themselves.

5th-The ride is stiff then the p-rated tires that came stock with my ranger. However, The overall ride is not too bad. You do not even a kidney belt. I imagine that the c load ride would be comparable to the stock tires (I would have got the c's but was to impatient to wait for them.)

6th- When things get wetter and the snow falls I will report on those conditions.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so far, so good it sounds like!! can't wait to see how they do in snow and on ice. did you or are you going to have some extra siping done on them for ice?

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
They have alot of factory siping. So I think I will leave them be for now. They do have the mountain/snowflake on the side so we will see if they are my perfect tire!

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Learned something new about the tire this morning as I was leaving the hardware store today. I looked down and the had climbed up the curb. the tread block was barely on yet it was holding onto the curb like nobodies business! If it can find something to grab these tires will grab it.

Tractorman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
These are the tires I want to go with, but I'm concerned about how long they will last and wet weather/snow. Plus I hear they tend to wander during highway driving. Thoughts?

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
It is a little early for snow yet, but we had the first big rain since I bought these tires. they are amazing in the wet stuff. even deep standing water along the intersections. They track straight and true. The tires really do launch better then any tire I have ever used. So far they are my new favorite tire. I will be towing with them today so that will be another test.

99rngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
to answer your questin tractorman about the mileage... i actualy work at discount tire and i have heard that theyre supposed to last a decent amount of time. my guess would be about 40000 miles possibly. which isnt horrible. and isnt outstanding either. so i hope that clears up a little bit. I've put on a few sets of these tires and so far they only have about 10000 miles on them

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
hopefully I am not running this thread into the ground, but I did get to tow with the duratrac, do some long distance highway time (70-75mph) and I must say that they tow clean as can be. My neighbor trimmed his tree and over loaded his utility trailer. It had about 3500 lbs in it and he used my truck and I towed the same trailer with a freezer in the back. No issues at all with the heavier load or the light load. The highway driving is great they are more quit then the stock rt/s that came with my ranger. I still love the way the duratrac's look. When we get snow this year I will update again...

ajmiller

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
i have these on mine, mudded them, climbed steep dirt and gravel hills, went in the sand at the beach and worked like a dandy...(i dont have limited slip btw) =]

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If these last as long and are as tough as the Goodyear Workhorse they replace, then you should be happy with them. My boss has run Workhorses on his work trucks for 10 years and MAYBE has one flat a year. We work in the desert, rocks, deep sand, little pavement.

I'm thinking about a set of Duratracs for my ZJ.

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
With only 35 psi (again they are e load) with around 1200-1300 lbs. of compost these tires were really handling the road at interstate speed like a dream. I know I am not even coming close to the weight rating on the tires but damn if I don't love these tires. I don't have to do a lot of driving so in around 3 months I have logged around 1500-1700 miles they do great in rain (and standing water that was at a low point in the road) at 60 mph +. They find traction in powder dirt, or mud. The inside lugs cake up, but the outer lugs spin clean very well. No super swamper but a great all around do anything tire! Now if I can convince all of you to buy them then so goodyear will keep making them cause I think they are going to be on my truck for a good many year. I want them around for awhile yet!

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Newest update! Wow these tires fall into the holysh@! range! Finally got to use in snow and ice. They clawed around like they had cleats on them. I got to drive ice covered rocks and they didn't miss a beat. I only used 4x4 once and that was so I would not tear up someones cabin drive way when I was turning around. sniff... I love these tires.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
im glad u like these tires cause i have a set comming in next week 33x12.5r15 i cannot wait all ive heard is great things
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited:

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
One of my co-workers has them on his Ram 3500 work truck. He likes them enough, he bought them for his own Silverado. There is a backlog nationwide on certain sizes...

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
We have been selling them like hot cakes, its our number 1 light truck winter tire right now.

Have heard nothing but good things coming back from customers. Ride nice, quiet, grip very well, wearing good. All good things so far from people running them on escapes and ranger all the way up to 1 tons.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals