• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spring Findings for cheap lift!

BronKitis

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Okay, many moons ago I asked how much lift I'd get from stock Cherokee XJ springs on my BII and was told the odds of me getting any were slim to none and that I actually may lose some lift if I used them. So I went with the coil spacer with the stock springs to give about 1 1/2" lift to the front. It clears my 32"s (They're only 7.50's!) just fine, maybe a slight rub here and there. Good enough for me but the flex is quite disappointing.

After some research I found that explorer leafs (which I had previously installed and concluded too stiff for my style) are about 13" in length. A stock XJ coil (much softer) is about 17" in length, give or take. I know many with lifted BII's and Rangers love to run the 3" XJ coils, but after representing my research, does anyone think that a stock XJ coil will give me the 2-2 1/2"s of lift I'm looking for PLUS the added beni of being a soft and cushy spring for flex? When money allows, I'd love to build the Pee out of this thing, but for now I'm just trying to not get stomped by my buddies relatively stock Tracker! lol

I plan on trying this one way or the other just out of curiosity, but input is always a welcomed attribute to a do it yourselfer! Thanks!

AJ

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
get superlift p/n 550. 4" lift coil from summit. $96.95 and will give u about 2.5-3" of lift. i picked some up the other day scratch and dent. will be putting em on when my ra drops come in

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals