• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Two issues on one thread lol

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I used to be an engineering tech for a major ford transmission remanufacturing facility. It was common knowledge among the admin and engineering groups that women made better employees because;
1. they felt like they had to proove themselves
2. they paid more attention to what they were doing (because of #1)
3. they tended to check their work so they wouldn't make mistakes (which they felt would be used against them)

also: in world war II, WOMEN built all our planes, tanks, and guns, that made it possible to win the war, because our equipment was more dependable than the (badguys)
Don't be afraid to learn what you can because of your gender. I know a bad ass chick that can build a bad ass chopper better than most guys. And, a very nice lady that can rebuild the most complicated automatic transmissions with the very best of them.
Learn and do what you can. Ignore the idiots.
+1 :rockon:

tjs4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ok so now that my rust holes r fixed, whats the best way to go about taking care of the skirt holes? Theyre so small but there isnt anything behind them to really put bondo on. I really need to figure this out sson.

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Those pieces under the doors are called rocker panels. The only way tp properly fix them is to cut all the rust out and replace the cut out material. You should be able to buy the rockers from the LMC website mentioned. It isn't as hard as you may think just time consuming to do it right. And yes if welding them in do the spot weld method. That means just welding a small spot at a time.And as stated by voodoo move to another spot every time. The sheet metal has to cool or it will warp like crazy. You want a totally welded seam however you accomplish this by lots of small spot welds that have cooled before putting another one beside it. Hope this helps.

tjs4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I know what theyre called....and ive had the pieces that were rusted out already welded. The holes im talking about r the tiny holes that the plastic side skirts hook into the rocker panels.

tjs4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well i do believe i took care of the rocker panel holes. I found plastic fasteners that fit tightly into the holes and i used jb weld to keep them from coming out. It looks pretty good.

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
If you lived in Tennessee, I would have welded the rockers in for you, I have a nice little 110 volt MIG, that I just love playing with and I'm getting ready to fix ALOT of rust on my 88 Ranger, and I'm also doing the body on a 67 Mustang, lots of welding on it, I had to replace both Back panels with new panels, and finish up welding the new floor pans in.

Also, I don't know if it's just me or do alot of Explores have that problem with rust in the Rockers, this 92 I traded for to part out the rockers are rusted out on it, and my Father-In-Laws is trying to rust, bit I fixed it before it got too bad.

Robert

tjs4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Nice a 67 stang :) i wish i had my mach 1. I sure do miss her.

Apparently those exploreres who live where theres snow in winter have the problem....i know why its cuz those stupid plastic skirts that get put on traps all that sand and deicer crap that gets put on the snowy roads....sux.

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
well, this one I'm fixing up for a friend, he is paying for all the supplies, and I get to play with my new little welder before I tackle my Ranger, so it's all good, now if I could only get him of the grandson to spend the money to fix the interior up, it will be really nice when I get done.

Robert

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Let's see some pics of the repairs TJS!

tjs4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Sure!
Right side:

Left:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals