• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New fuel filler neck issues

keden03

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Ranger which I have just replaced the fuel filler neck with a brand new neck. My old one was cut and duct taped by previous owner. I got the new neck installed but now when I try to put gas in it, the overflow shut off kicks in and won't let me pump more than a squeeze at a time. Gas starts to back fill and overflow. Even on an empty tank. What do you think the problem may be? The old neck pumped just fine!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

keden03

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Ranger which I have just replaced the fuel filler neck with a brand new neck. My old one was cut and duct taped by previous owner. I got the new neck installed but now when I try to put gas in it, the overflow shut off kicks in and won't let me pump more than a squeeze at a time. Gas starts to back fill and overflow. Even on an empty tank. What do you think the problem may be? The old neck pumped just fine!

Found out that the smaller inner tube that connects to the actual fill spout... is made of cheap flimsy rubber and it's not allowing the fuel to flow at the rate gas pumps are set. Example: I can fill up with a gas can no problem. So I disected the old filler neck and used the factory inner fill tube. It's much more rigid and a tad bit shorter.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals