• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mitsubishi FM146 shifter extender (bodylift)

dark_flame221

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
i just bought some new duff cab bushing to do a 3 inch bl but i cant find a complete kit to buy for my ranger 1991 2,9l 4wd manual with the Mitsubishi FM146 transmission i'm looking for the shifter extender all i found is some mazda transmission extented shifter

also beside this part would a body lift for a 1994 work on my truck they seem pretty similar...<

anybody did a 3inch bodylift on their second gen ranger ?

Last edited:

dark_flame221

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
c'mon somebody help me ! i would really love to bl my old ranger, i have the $$$ just got to order the right part !!! i'm going to back to school in august, i wont have time to do it so i got to order it soon

:bawling:

dark_flame221

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
kkkkkkk :headbang: got my info pretty much sound like i will have to make some braket for the rear and front bumber + i dont need things like a extented shifter or to extented my gas line, sound weird but anyway im gonna do it, maybe some one could confirm how they installed their 3 inch BL on the second gen ranger ? i'm still a bit affraid about pinching a wire or a line (i've got A/C) or worst a brake line and since i'm going to install it in a old barn....

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/pra-pa-742.pdf

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I put a Duff 2" on my 89 Bronco II with the FM-146, I didn't bother with the shifter extension, I just pulled up the trim around the shifters and made sure I didn't need to trim anything.

You will probably need a steering extension though.

And you will have to relocate your e-brake cable bracket on the frame under the drivers side door higher on the frame.

Not sure if you'll run into any other issues. I was able to get away without the steering extension and the rest is things I ran into doing it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals