• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Help, it's my DD.

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I dug my compression tester out but have not had time to pull the numbers yet, ive still havent gotten a day off work yet to be able to take the time to look at it, 30 days in a row. I actually pulled the plug wires sitting in the parking lot of my work and found out that when I pull the 2-4-6 it makes no change on how it runs. I remember reading somewhere that it was batch fire 1-3-5 injectors fire together and 2-4-6 fire together, so I thought I may have found my problem but I dont really know what could be causing this??

Ive already chased the grounds, They'r all hooked up correctly. I have split the loom on all the wiring to check for breaks in the wires. Unpluged all the connectors and cleaned them. What next?

kimcrwbr1, I should get this weekend off work and I will have time to check the compression.
I am looking a my EVTS for a 87 should be the same as 89
it looks like 2 4 1 fire together Red is Power and Light Green/White goes to pin 58 on the ECU
3 6 5 fire together,Tan/Red goes to pin 59 on the ECU.

i would get a injector light and see if you have if you are getting power to the injectors and measure the injectors resistance. i cant remember what the values are it is atm maybe someone can chime in here

shaggys2gen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89/06
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/6.0
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info, Maybe I will be able to chase it down tomorrow. Is the any way to check pin 58 while it running to see if I am getting the trigger to ground?? I know a noid light checks at the injector where you plug it in but do they make a tool to check from the pcm? Will a noid set do this too?

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
Any new news on this problem Shag?

shaggys2gen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89/06
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/6.0
Transmission
Manual
Nope, Bout to pull my hair out. Ohmed out all the injectors (good), checked continuity between the injector wiring plugs relative to each other (good no breaks), New ecm and still no change, Jumpered all the ground inputs on the ecm plug strait to ground, I think pin #20 & 6, no change. I know my problem is in that side of the circuit but I just cant find the problem.

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
I ask because Im having very similar issues with my 88 BII. (exact same actually)

Im being lazy and waiting for you to figure out the problem on yours first. LOL Theres still too much snow in my yard to get her out without mudding up the back yard right now anyways though, so Im not pressed for time like you.

I do think its injectors for both of us though, but I think mine may be just gunked up because I run my firewood buggy on fumes all the time. Yours sounds like it may be due to a bad connection somewhere, but like you said you went through it pretty thorough.

I'll try to get to mine in a day or 2 to see what I can discover with mine and let you know.

shaggys2gen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89/06
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/6.0
Transmission
Manual
Yeah im stumped :icon_confused: I really hate the fact that im gonna have to sell it, I love this truck. I know its something simple but I just cant figure it out.

olranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it wouldnt be an injector issue, if they are all gone on the same bank. plugs are firing but still nothing. If you have a new ecm and still nothing, try checking the crank sensor, that is the only thing you havent check. it just doesnt make sense. if you have fire and fuel it should fire. you really need to do a compression check, unless you have already done this and i missed it somewhere in the article. check the timing to make sure it didnt jump time.

shaggys2gen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89/06
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/6.0
Transmission
Manual
CPS? I didn't think these trucks had one.

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
Did you take any injectors out to see how/if they were spraying Shagg?

shaggys2gen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89/06
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/6.0
Transmission
Manual
Yeah they all spray just fine. But its dumping fuel in cylinder 1 , 2 &4.

shaggys2gen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89/06
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/6.0
Transmission
Manual
Alright, New Plugs (Motorcraft), Timed with a timing light, Checked compression (125 psi on all cyl.), It still runs like total crap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals