• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2006 STX Ranger.. Rare?

mpreece

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have owned a 06 black single cab STX about four years now and I noticed that there wasnt many of these trucks for sale online and I have only noticed two more on the road in my area, and both of those were extended cabs. I called Ford and the lady told me that there were only somewhere between 1400 and 1500 STX Rangers produced in 2006. Shouldnt this series of Rangers be classified as Rare ?

fifthranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
regular cab, yes. ext, no
What is your definition of rare? I owned an ext. cab 2006 STX, and I think I saw a production figure online that listed under 8,000 built. If the Ranger nameplate sold 30 - 40,000 that year, and less than 25% were the STX, then wouldn't that qualify as being rare? I admit that I have only seen two ext. cab STX's in my area and never a single cab, but anytime less than 10,000 of a particular vehicle or accessory is made, then according to my definition of rare, then yes you have a rare vehicle.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
They're hard to find for sure.
Just like my 06 fx4 level II

Only saw one other one for sale but it was an 07

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
-obscure. maybe. rare, no. maybe once alot of them are lost over the years to wrecks, use, abuse. then they will be rare. if you can still buy the parts, not rare...imho......

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
-obscure. maybe. rare, no. maybe once alot of them are lost over the years to wrecks, use, abuse. then they will be rare. if you can still buy the parts, not rare...imho......
Unless there is a demand for building clones... which frankly there never will be much of for a Ranger package.

I think I have only seen two or three newer STX's with the different front bumper and the Mazda bed... I would say they are far from common.

Last edited:

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
-i said obscure.....

Krwlnrx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Pictures of said rare truck? I've never seen an stx ranger

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Far from common here also. Only seen the one I bought in all my Ranger years. Could be one of them things where your area of the country has a lot to do with it.
Mine had nice bucket seats, carbon fiber dash but rubber floor, should have kept it. 3.0L with manual.
Dave

mpreece

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
What is your definition of rare? I owned an ext. cab 2006 STX, and I think I saw a production figure online that listed under 8,000 built. If the Ranger nameplate sold 30 - 40,000 that year, and less than 25% were the STX, then wouldn't that qualify as being rare? I admit that I have only seen two ext. cab STX's in my area and never a single cab, but anytime less than 10,000 of a particular vehicle or accessory is made, then according to my definition of rare, then yes you have a rare vehicle.
I emailed Ford and a nice lady called me the next day. She gave me the exact number of STX Rangers produced and sold in 2006. I wrote the number down but I have misplaced it, it was under 1500.

Krwlnrx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
thats kinda cool looking.

Thed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My friend has a blue single cab '06 STX with the 3.0 auto. Cool truck, wired up an aftermarket stereo in it.

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Not exactly RARE, but def not common to see one. I wasnt a fan of the front bumper, although I do admit it looks pretty good on that red single cab a few posts up. I love the interior on mine, the rubber floor is especially handy. Stock stereo sounds quite good too..

When I bought it.

Now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals