• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bronco ii seat repair

AledoGYoung

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I am trying to repair my driver seat in my bronco ii and I can't seem to figure out how to take the seat shell of the back rest? If anybody has any hints or pictures to help they sure would be appreciated! Thanks

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Take the seat out of the vehicle, 4 13mm bolts in the floor.

Let the back rest lean all the way forward, there should be a clip at the bottom that gets unhooked from itself, then you will probably have a series hog rings holding the cover to the cushion that must be cut and then replaced.

Catterman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9V6
Transmission
Automatic
Are you just trying to replace that hinge/reclining thing (in other words, your problem with your seat is that it doesn't stay up and will recline backwards by itself when you lean back)?

I replaced mine last weekend in a matter of minutes, to undo the upper seat so you can get to those bolts, I just leaned the seat forward as much as possible, then took a screwdriver and pryed apart the long black clip so I could then just slowly walk the seat fabric up enough to get at the bolts.

HOpe that is clear and helps your problem.

AledoGYoung

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the help but I got the seat cover all the way off. Actually the seat frame was cracked on the right side which made the seat have no support on the right side. I took it all apart and bent it back into shape then spot welded the weak spots. Now it is good as new!

motoman172

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Are you just trying to replace that hinge/reclining thing (in other words, your problem with your seat is that it doesn't stay up and will recline backwards by itself when you lean back)?

I replaced mine last weekend in a matter of minutes, to undo the upper seat so you can get to those bolts, I just leaned the seat forward as much as possible, then took a screwdriver and pryed apart the long black clip so I could then just slowly walk the seat fabric up enough to get at the bolts.

HOpe that is clear and helps your problem.
My seat leans back and doesn't latch...
What should I fix or replace?
Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals