• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Engine/Starter Block Plate 3.0 5 Speed

Rangstang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If it ain't broke, I can't fix it.
Bought a 2003 Edge 2WD that's missing the block plate. Oddly, the starter doesn't grind at all, but if it's supposed to have it...

* Found via the web that apparently they are interchangeable from 1994 through 2008 all 3.0L manuals.

Last edited:

Rangstang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
No one has one available?

Rangstang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Now this surprises me. I'm guessing that no one reads this wanted section...

Rangstang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
So out of the 1000s of Ranger enthusiasts on this site, no one has parted out a manual Ranger 3.0 from 94-2008 models and has this lying around?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
They probably went with the engines. Or the people who do have laying around haven't seen this thread. You might have to go junk -yarding or camp out on Craigslist for a while.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rangstang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
They probably went with the engines. Or the people who do have laying around haven't seen this thread. You might have to go junk -yarding or camp out on Craigslist for a while.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
When I've done my V8 swaps, I have always sold them with the trans as a package, so I know you're on the right track. They literally fall off once you unbolt the bell housing and slide back because they have no connection at the top though.

I have done some craigslist searches nationally and found almost nothing. Also tried hitting up a bunch of yards on car-part.com and almost no one responds because it's too cheap of a part. Of course those that respond tell you they don't have it.

Here in AZ, most yards are not pull it yourself, so these get packaged with transmissions. The pull it yourself yards that have a Ranger (not multiple) gets picked clean in days, so you'll never find one. Besides, manual trucks here are 1 in 10, so you'd likely waste a whole day and find nothing.

Sucks...:dunno:

Kurt.king870s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got one, pulled my trans. due to bad sounds, and my starter got cooked in the process (not my fault, the stud for the power cable broke when removing).
It is from a 94. I can't promise fitment though, that's your call.

I've been thinking 5.0 swap, and i'm ticked off about my 8 month old starter and everything else about the 3.0, but didn't commit yet.
What are you looking to pay?

I will ship from nw Ohio at your expense. Or you can pick it up/meet me if you'd find yourself here for something.

Last edited:

Rangstang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I got one, pulled my trans. due to bad sounds, and my starter got cooked in the process (not my fault, the stud for the power cable broke when removing).
It is from a 94. I can't promise fitment though, that's your call.

I've been thinking 5.0 swap, and i'm ticked off about my 8 month old starter and everything else about the 3.0, but didn't commit yet.
What are you looking to pay?

I will ship from nw Ohio at your expense. Or you can pick it up/meet me if you'd find yourself here for something.
I'm in Arizona, so stopping by to pick up is unlikely. As for shipping, it's light and if you put it between sheets of cardboard, it should be less than $15 to ship. The only thing is that you would want to put something stiffer with it or it might get bent badly. Why don't you just throw a fair price at me?

Could you send me pics of it to my email (PM'd)? Thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals