• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oil pressure gauge

werewolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 & 1999 & 1
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0&3.0&2.9&351c
Transmission
Manual
My credo
take life day by day
would like to thank TRS for having a good tech library. My 1999 4x4 3.0 five speed ranger. A couple of weeks ago i saw the check gauge light come on. Up till then i didn't know it had one. After watching and checking i seen that that when truck is cold the oil gauge won't move. Then as it warms up in will jump up and down a bit, then works the rest of the day. I think gauge sticking need to take the all apart and clean it up. Then i thought do some checking, after going into tech found out they had some sender problems. So O'Reilly and got a new sender, works grate now.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
General rule, senders or connections at the sender are the trouble. Way easier to mess with than gauges :D

Dangerrangers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 and 04
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 s
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Do it right the first time !!!!!!!!!!
would like to thank TRS for having a good tech library. My 1999 4x4 3.0 five speed ranger. A couple of weeks ago i saw the check gauge light come on. Up till then i didn't know it had one. After watching and checking i seen that that when truck is cold the oil gauge won't move. Then as it warms up in will jump up and down a bit, then works the rest of the day. I think gauge sticking need to take the all apart and clean it up. Then i thought do some checking, after going into tech found out they had some sender problems. So O'Reilly and got a new sender, works grate now.
Sometimes the connections get dirty just had a temp gauge jumping around, cleaned up the connection and Walla , fixed.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals