• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wheel adapters/rear axle/bearing

joelzkins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey i have a 89b2 and i wanna put wheel adapters for more stability but i'm finding alot of controversy on it. one thing i have not found yet is if they are hard on ur rear axle or not. im not trying to start the millionth wheel spacer thread but no one seems to address this issue. also do they tear up front bearing if u race or off road use or even just regular driving? i don't take corners at 90 and i dont off road. i do drive alot of stop and go with my paper route tho. and is 1.25 too much for the rear? i was thinking of 1.00 for the front. any input would be appreciated.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
rough country sells 1.5" ones for $60 a pair. i had them, and good quality. i ran them with a 3.75" backspaced 8" wide wheel and never had a problem, ran them for about a year. they will put more stress on the bearings, but not as bad as you would think. the rear axle wont wear the bearing out. now i have 10" wide wheels and 35's with a 3.25 backspacing.... the outside of the wheel sticks out about 6.5" from the rotor, and i havent had any bearing problems in over a year. just maintain the front bearings.

joelzkins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
alright cool. i dont know what my back spacing is. i have light weight magnesium15inch wheels. i dont have huge tires 235 75 r15. i usaully replace my front bearing about once a year anyway so that sounds doable. i have the 'ranger wheels' they have all the holes all the way around.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just make sure to torque them! and i would use locktight on the threads that hold the spacer on to the hub.

Tb8983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Not big enough
Transmission
Manual
On my dd Toyota I have a spacers in all 4 corners to run the Acura wheels on it and I never had a problem with them and neither did my buddy when the truck was his and they been on for 25-30k

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals