• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Jeep Cherokee (XJ) steering and RBV's..

LOGANSTANFORTH

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I was at a local Chevy dealership that a friend of mine is a shop foreman at and one of the office worker's had her 2wd XJ in the shop getting some work done up on one of the lifts. I noticed the steering is very similar to what RBV's need when using a Superlift 5.5 inch kit with the SL provided drop pitman arm in stead of using the Skyjacker arm. The driver side tie rod connects much closer to the passenger side than the stock RBV stuff does and I am going to get some measurements and see just how close this is compared to the RBV width. Do you think this would work with a little tweaking? I work for Advance Auto Parts and I can get all the steering stuff cheap if it would...

Here is the steering I am talking about...

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
check out disciplerocks B2, he's running (or used to run) some sort of jeep steering linkage, cant remember what it's from though

LOGANSTANFORTH

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thank you, I am glad I wasn't as crazy as I thought. This may work pretty good from what I can see...

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah.. Dustin is using a ZJ steering i think. the v8 model grand cherokee has a lot thicker steering setup than the other ones. its like 1.3 inches compared to the others .72 inch or something like that... its a major difference.

all the jeepers upgrade to v8 zj steering, if that tells you anything.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals