• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

still cant figure it out

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
90 bronco II 2.9 , temp and oil gauge quit working , new sender, even tried a different cluster , someone told me to check instrument voltage regulator but I either don't have one or can't find it, if you got any suggestions, I'll take em

jhammel85

I might be wrong but I don't know about the voltage regulator on the cluster. I dont think it exists..did you try searching the forums?

This might be obvious but have you checked all fuses? Does it light up at all? Does the speedo and RPM work too?

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am not sure your year has one, but my 87 BII has an IVR mounted on the back side of the instrument cluster, towards the top. It looks like a 1"x2" sardine can with 9volt (battery) connectors on top. It is held on with one screw. If you have a LMC truck catalogue, you can see an illustration of it. The catalogue is telling me the IVR is only on 86-88, though.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are your temp and oil gauges fused, or have a resistor wire? Did you check it, and the connectors to it?
I'd deffinately clean the connectors and use some bulb grease on each connector pin. I do that any time I have an issue like this. If it ain't bad now, it could save you a headache later....

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
gauges

Everything works but oil and temp,

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals