• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LS1 Ranger

HoleshotKFX400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Did anyone put a LS1 in a ranger yet, any pictures... Im thinking I might build one for my truck... You can get like 500hp easy with some ported stock heads and a cam, what do you guys think?

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Another reservation for hell. Sacrilegious.

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
it is possible to put a ls-1 in a ranger if you have 15,000 bucks and a shit load of time.

ur going to have to use chevy gauge cluster, wiring harness and other crap than cut and splice that in with the ford system. plus lots of engine bay mods and custom radiators and custom crossmembers. just not worth it. just buy a dodge with a 5.7 hemi and call it a day:icon_hornsup:

5.8_97_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
google it,its been done. i dont think it would be to difficult. i would run a carb to simplify things. you would probably have to clearance the oil pan and have some motor mounts fabbed up but other than that shouldnt be much more difficult than any other swap.

HoleshotKFX400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well if I did go fuel injection, it wouldnt be that hard... people put ls1's in fox bodies all the time but ill prolly just go carb to save some time. And for the guy that flammed me can you call up ford and order a head that flows over 320 cfm out the box fully assembled for $450 bucks? http://www.currymotors.gmmotors.com/product/12582713/GML92FullyAssembledCylinderHead.aspx
Try $800 bucks and they'd be lucky to flow 300.

The build would cost wayyy less then 15,000... Long block ls1 $300, Use stock crank & rods cause they actually hold some power, throw some heads on it $900 bucks, and a carbed intake $300 and some other misc motor parts and there it is...

Last edited:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Did anyone put a LS1 in a ranger yet, any pictures... Im thinking I might build one for my truck... You can get like 500hp easy with some ported stock heads and a cam, what do you guys think?
Well at least the LS1 has more in common with a Ford than it's predecessor.:icon_rofl:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Whew! glad i layed low on this one:icon_surprised:

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
The Chevy LS series, and later LSX are some of the best engines ever built and anyone who doesn't agree is on crack. You can buy plug and play harness's to put these engines into almost anything and they are cheap to build, and make incredible amounts of power. I came within an hr of dropping a 5.3L into my ranger, but I figured I'd talk to the guy in person rather then call him and he sold it while I was making the drive to his house.

-andrew

Last edited:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
The Chevy LS series, and later LSX are some of the best engines ever built and anyone who doesn't agree is on crack. You can buy plug and play harness's to put these engines into almost anything and they are cheap to build, and make incredible amounts of power. I came within an hr of dropping a 5.3L into my ranger, but I figured I'd talk to the guy in person rather then call him and he sold it while I was making the drive to his house.

-andrew
That's because Chevy borrowed the best designs from Ford in doing the LS series.:icon_thumby:

Last edited by a moderator:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
They did what Ford should have done instead of persuing the mod motors

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual

-andrew
I agree, I wish my Camaro was an LS, instead of the LT1... I like the way the LS cars sound sooo much better... Plus, with ported heads, and a cam you can easily get into the 400+ RWHP range...

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I agree, I wish my Camaro was an LS, instead of the LT1... I like the way the LS cars sound sooo much better... Plus, with ported heads, and a cam you can easily get into the 400+ RWHP range...
You can do that with ANYONE'S V8. Brand doesn't matter with all the heads out there today.

HoleshotKFX400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah you can do that with anyones v8, but you have to be rich to do it. LS's make so much power for so little money its unbelievable, just take the 302, block is junk past 500whp, so is the bottem end, and the heads dont move air, and to get a decent set there goes $2000 bucks, so if your building anything decent theres prolly no ford parts even left

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals