• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 electric fan

werewolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 & 1999 & 1
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0&3.0&2.9&351c
Transmission
Manual
My credo
take life day by day
I have a electric fan and adjustable thermostat, 16" fan ordered. for 1999 4x4 3.0 five speed. what is best foe 3.0 push fan or pull fan. the one i have ordered will work both ways.I'm thinking pull, i put one a few years back in a old mustang i had,i'm thanking it run cooler pulling. Sucks getting old can't remember worth a darn.:dunno:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, engine side of rad is best, less run time for fan since radiator gets full air flow while driving, i.e. no fan on the front side to block air flow

Front side of rad mounting is almost always done to gain space/clearance in the engine bay

Last edited:

werewolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 & 1999 & 1
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0&3.0&2.9&351c
Transmission
Manual
My credo
take life day by day
thin one

the fan i ordered it says it's a thin stile. Hope that gives room away from pulley's. On the inside and wire it up to pull.:icon_surprised:

Ram50Ron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0ltr
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
LT265/75/16
Gain?

Since its been a few month's and you should have gotten both hot/cold weather to run in, how'd the swap go easy/pain? Did you notice much power gain if you replaced a mechanical fan with this electrical set-up, and how well did the new set-up cool compared to the mechanical one?
Thanks!
Ron
:popcorn:

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Since its been a few month's and you should have gotten both hot/cold weather to run in, how'd the swap go easy/pain? Did you notice much power gain if you replaced a mechanical fan with this electrical set-up, and how well did the new set-up cool compared to the mechanical one?
Here's probably the best you'll get LINK on electric fan conversion outcome. Not seen summer temps yet (NC) but we've had some warm days in low 70s.

Fan cools well and quickly, even will start when engine off if temp climbs before cooling. Fan does not run while driving but will obviously run standing still.

Can't say about power, just gas mileage, but there has to be some HP parasitic loss which will equal more HP - but not enough that I notice. I did it to get the running temp up on the engine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals