• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

high/low idle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
drives fine now. but idles seem off.

tested tps. its with in range. closed throttle .9 volts just like the book says. checked voltage closed to open. results were smooth no jumps and no cut outs of voltage. ohms were good.

dont really know how to test iac but it seem to be slow.

problems; driving at 30mph for est. 4 mins stop to park idle goes to 1500 or better, slowly returns after 3 mins. tested if it does it after i shut off and re-started. idle returns to normal quickly.

after warming up and driving for a little bit. sitting at a stop light or in traffic idle never goes higher than 650rpm and at times it goes lower.

doesnt happen if im driving 50+ mph then stop and park. idles good. so its something when im driving through residential areas.

ive replaced both temp sensors and cleaned connectors. so im in a spot where i need some outside help. do i replace iac or tps. or both

thx in advance

bf750

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2. Crap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33 1250 15
My credo
It is what it is
try cleaning the iac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
its cleaned. no change. gasket is new too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals