• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What shocks? late 1989 B2

NEALD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have a B2, 6/89 build date. Parts counter morons cant seem to get the right application shocks. I guess there was a Change early in the model year. Does the mean i use shocks for a 1990 year?

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS

Build dates are often as early as march or april for the following year so yes, a 6/89 is very likely a 1990 model truck

NEALD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks! Hmmm. Now i wonder. The truck is an 89 by VIN. but i have to check where i got the build date from. I either got it from the door frame striker area, or possibly on the door. And if the door was changed to a 90' door that would suck cuz i would need to return the shocks i just bought. I have to re check my tag.

NEALD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Was the change in shocks due to the change to the dana 35 axle? If thats the case i will be able to tell better.

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
According to the Bronco II facts sheet here at TRS the Dana 35 didnt start until 11/90 but Im sure it would have differant shocks than the 28.

NEALD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I think the previous owner changed the drivers door which has the sticker on it. Odd thing is the door is the same color as the rest of the vehicle. Lol. But small evidence shows a cut wire from the door to body and poor door gap adjustment. So iam assuming the door is from a 90', and i have an 89'. I also picked up front shocks for a 90' and eye holes are too big.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals