• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stone crusher steering system

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
Ream out the pitman arm if necessary so you can use the same TRE? :icon_confused:

As long as you set TREs so they rotate the correct way, they will have as much travel or more than a heim does.
i was thinking of using a TRE on the pitman as well. not sure of the other options.

and what do you mean set them so they rotate the correct way? top or bottom of the spindle shouldn't matter, right? my first thought is to go on top.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Well your options are really either a heim or a TRE. Stock steering is a TRE so either run one that is the same size as stock, or ream out the pitman arm for a larger one.

I mean rotate like by the range of motion of the steering linkage... this is hard for me to explain in words... think of it like your TRE has a limited range of motion, so you want to position it so that your steering can travel through its range of motion without binding the TRE.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
SPDCRAZY, just use a DRE, or draglink chevy one ton joint like so for the pitman arm connection:

Its a longer joint (overall) than a regular chevy one ton TRE, and has the ability to accept steeper angles of rotation/deflection.

Doing it yourself with TRE's ain't cheap, I've spent just shy of $400 on my setup. Probaby could be done fairly easily for $300 though.

Anothony has the best prices, and if you aren't concerned with running heims, go with his product.

I just finished my setup this past weekend.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals