• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

83 302 build

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Busy day yesterday. New booster and master went in along with some custom lines made for all the brake lines. Couple years back at a pick-n-pull stumbled across a car with these sweet brake lines in it. took out the works, the main line was at least a 15 foot run and all the smaller lines. at the counter the guy charged me 5 bucks for the works. I knew that this line would be used sometime in the future.... LOL. Didn't place the proportioning valve back on the frame, it is suspended under the master cylinder. will probably weld up a small frame to secure it to in the next up coming weeks. it is hanging fairy tight as it sits, but why take a chance of any movement.

Attachments

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
here is a pic of how the oil lines are sitting/running. This worked out nicely.

Attachments

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
The rebuild continues :) from the LMC book I decided to order the clear front lenses (last year)and they will look good when it is all put together.

here are a couple new pics of what the front of the truck will be like. Angie recleared the grill one more time today so I can't finish the front till after work tomorrow. placed in the trans cooler and buttoned up the rad.

cheers

Attachments

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks vox.

Never knew about white side lenses. would look nice, however, the orange will look better on the sides to blend into the graphics on the fenders. white would make it stand out too much.

how is your truck coming along?

drsvox

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 2.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Ah good point!

Sadly I put my truck on hold for the past couple of years. Finishing up my masters in September and hope to be back at it once again. I'm going to shift gears on it though. Planning to:
- move the restoration over to the 4x4 thread since it should have been over there in the first place.
- rip off the cab, clean up the frame, lift the suspension
- keep the stock 2.8 but duraspark it

That should keep me busy for a while!

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Ah good point!

Sadly I put my truck on hold for the past couple of years. Finishing up my masters in September and hope to be back at it once again. I'm going to shift gears on it though. Planning to:
- move the restoration over to the 4x4 thread since it should have been over there in the first place.
- rip off the cab, clean up the frame, lift the suspension
- keep the stock 2.8 but duraspark it

That should keep me busy for a while!
Yes that will definatley keep you busy!!! sorry to hear you had to put it on hold you were doing a great job with it.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Got bass???? Love the progress angie. Looking good. How long till it's on the road? Keep at it :)

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks pry,

I have to admit that it sounds very nice. Not over bearing with a full 1/3 octave EQ then the x-over to give the proper mixing.

We can't give a time line as to when it will be fired up.... however, this is the order that it will be completed in.

1- The box, all the battery power and wires for the cab/motor come out of the battery mounted in the box. So it makes most since to start there.

2- The cab, following the wiring system in order.

3- Finishing off with the motor.

Would be great to have it running in a month :) , however, it will be ready when it is....

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
well... here is how it looks from the front end. all finished with the grill bumper and such...

Finally finished up the wires , plugs, new valve springs, (timing) covers and that mean bunch of stuff....

Now only to see that the cut out heater box is still not going to work around the wire loom pipe on that side... arrhg remake or cut the pipe to fit.... 1 step forward and 1 back

Attachments

Last edited:

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
thanks pry, I took the cab and frame to a shop and let them build the headers. they started with a set of bbk long tubes, then cut and welded as needed to get around the frame and such. while there they built the full exhaust. I was hoping to be driving it by now, however takes more time than life is giving us...

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Here it is with the heater delete bolted in.

Attachments

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Well another year and here is what it looks like..... no updated pics in cab though... do have passenger side seat in and working on the drivers with the console....

here is the engine. mostly buttoned up... all that's left is bottom rad hose, finish some wiring, belts, oli pressure line, ... and...??

here is the box, and if you are familiar with the band RUSH, we have the star on top, and starman under the cover.... cheers

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals