• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WCB2 (Walnut Creek)

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Update! Finally!
I'm moved to West Lake Hills, Texas! Uppitty Tree hugger town that's actually part of Austin, TX. Yeah building shit here is going to be interesting. Have to hide it all in my half of the 2 car garage! Steve built the motor & installed it for Almost Complete in the garage in 2008 while I was in Iraq sooooo we'll see how it goes! I got delivery of all my stuff from KY & been busy getting my half of the garage turned into a functioning shop!
Had all this & more packed in when I first started!
Had to move Barbara's Volt out so I could get to building cabinets & shelves. Say all ya want, that thing's been saving me a small fortune in petroleum! But I'm going to make up for it!
Started with building (2) 2' x 4' workbenches, but both got covered quick!
This cabinet was in the machine room I'm putting together! Not needed in the house so it got some bottom reinforcement with casters & it'll serve as a bottom box for now. Wiring cabinet later! That opened up one workbench!
Built a 6'L x 16" D x 24" H cabinet for shit! Actually I've built several of this varying sizes & have a few more to build. The most wasted space is up, so I'm using all I got!
The other half of the garage has this room on the front which is mostly concrete so it'll be a metal room, which will hold air compressor, welder, grinder, etc...
I paln to head to BAMA after the holidays to pick up WCB2 with front & rear axles, tires, etc... Then probably begin Feb to TN to get my engine, trans, tcase from RangerSVT!
Steve's got a 1 1/2 ton 1962 Chevy Apache 1 Ton with a screaming 350 c.i., a trailer & is dying for a roadtrip so he'll be doing the towing for me!

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
looks like a good start:icon_thumby:

ya better make sure ya let me know when ya close by.....

l8r, John

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yup looks cozy..

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Glad to see your still kicking Jay! When you gonna get WCB2 down there?? I will have to coordinate when I can meet with you so you can get your drivetrain. I'm in Utah right now, but either tonight or tomorrow I'll be on the road for 30 days, I should be home for about a week before going back out for another 30 or 60 days. I got a lot to do this time, but I will try to have it pulled for you, let me know when you think you will be able to make it up, or when you think you will be ready for it....
SVT

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Talked with Steve today. Looking at sometime begin January. And we're not making 2 trips, going to get it all in one! Engine, trans, tcase on flatbed, then to BAMA & drag WCB2 up on the trailer with all the parts. :yahoo: No need for 2 trips with a 1 1/2 ton tow truck!

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I can't guarantee I will have it pulled by then, but I'll try...let me know when the day gets closer how your schedule is looking :icon_thumby:
SVT

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
We should plan a TB trip for when you come up. I got a spare seat for ya.

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can't guarantee I will have it pulled by then, but I'll try...let me know when the day gets closer how your schedule is looking :icon_thumby:
SVT
No need, we can handle it. I know I've pulled a few & Steve's been a motorhead for 40 years!

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, Big boys gotta eat & I been having the itch to work on something! Soooo, I picked up this Rust Pit off the Pflugerville CL! This was after I had started on the frame. The old one had 4 different length legs, bad wheels. The body was leaking between the firebox & smoke chamber, so I got after it!

The Shop Dog (Angel) was grunting & groaning to hurrying up, get some paint slapped on it & cook something! She's a damn good shop buddy, well really "Man's best friend"!

The wheel mount got moved to the center vs. the end of the smoke chamber for better balance & they only work when it's tipped up with the new 1/2" square stock handle on the end. All new frame, expanded metal shelf, firegrate, welded all the way around firebox & smoke chamber, welded around exhaust.

New firebox interior, 1/2" flat strap grate support w/expanded metal grate.

Picked up these Dino Beef ribs at HEB! Rub'd em down & ready to go!

In the smoker 2 hrs, then 1 1/2 hrs in aluminum foil (Texas crutch), then 45 minutes w/o foil to firm up! Ran all that time on one 8"x12" oak log & a chimney of Kingsford to get it going!

Rested in foil, in a cooler for an hour! Ready to cut and eat! I had 5 of these jokers along with a Lonestar beer & a baked potato! So anyone coming, we'll grab some Pork, beef or poultry & eat Texas style!

Still dying to get after WCB2 though!

Last edited:

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
way to make me hungary for something off the grill at 7:30 in the morning:D:thefinger::thefinger:

nice re-hab there on the smoker buddy:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

tell ya what, when ya come get WCB2 I will cook up something on my grill.....then when I come to Austin next Nov. you will have to cook me some of those Dino Ribs:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

l8r, John

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
way to make me hungary for something off the grill at 7:30 in the morning:D:thefinger::thefinger:

nice re-hab there on the smoker buddy:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

tell ya what, when ya come get WCB2 I will cook up something on my grill.....then when I come to Austin next Nov. you will have to cook me some of those Dino Ribs:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

l8r, John
Anytime!
Ugh, you been following the F1 & the track build here?? There's contract issues for the races. I know they stopped construction, then began, they're still negotiating, Hell if they know what's going on! I do know that I drove by there when all the news said they weren't constructing but, I sure seen a bunch of heavy equipment & 18 wheel earth movers hauling material in & out. Sure looked like they was a constructing to me! I stopped, got up a ways & a guy in F350 waved me down. All I got was "well we're still working" with an arm wave, like take a look around & "NO, you can't go play on the tonka toy obstacle course"! Dammit! I left :sad:

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, I read the other day that the contract is signed and that they are definately on the schedule......so plan on a KY invasion:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

l8r, John

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, I read the other day that the contract is signed and that they are definately on the schedule......so plan on a KY invasion:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

l8r, John
Kentucky invasion? Whatcha talking bout there. My family (Harrod, Harrodsburg, Col. James Harrod) found, settled, started Kentucky! And we Kentuckians been getting to Texas for centuries (Roy Bean, James Bowie, Davey Crockett)!

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
I found out where there is acreage of 3/4 & ton Ford stuff from someone for pennies on the dollar! Going to go take a look see! :icon_idea:

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah...I know what ya mean bout' the invasion:D:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

and the treasure trove sounds good...hope it pans out...if so I will bring a trailer with me:icon_thumby:

l8r, John

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals