• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS Banner Across North America 2012 - Alaska to Key West Florida (OFFICIAL)

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You would think there would be more excitment but... hell those folks that started this this banner are long gone right. Not like the can do keep your word, I am a badass leader that has really been doing an amazing job for a few years.

Tuner710

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So...lucasd12, whats happening with you? Any chance you could help move this banner to the end?
Its too close to drop now...been through a lot! I signed it, took it to Oregon from Washington for a passed members mom to sign, passed it on and then had it mailed back because it was stuck I think in Nevada...drove it to Pocatello Idaho to Spott, members signing along the way(s)...thats just my small part of the journey. Theres been a LOT of time, effort and funds spent for the Banner, all worth the effort IF it reaches its destination.
Please show us that Florida is more than Jerry Springer candidates, move the Banner to the end!!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
PTSD..........or not.......I'll be near My-am-mee in SeptemBer....always wanted to drive down to Key West.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
PTSD..........or not.......I'll be near My-am-mee in SeptemBer....always wanted to drive down to Key West.
I did that drive once way back in 1983...it was a wonderful experience...on top of driving all the way from Canada...

I'd do the trek again just to sign the banner and get a picture of me on the beach in my speedo again...think I still have the one I wore back then...although it seems to have shrunk quite a bit since...

MrRangerSir

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
You would think there would be more excitment but... hell those folks that started this this banner are long gone right. Not like the can do keep your word, I am a badass leader that has really been doing an amazing job for a few years.
Mr. Bean, I could not agree more.

DG, that would be a fine ending to this saga.

I am more or less long gone. Put over 100K on my Ranger since I left the banner in Alberta 3 years ago. Gave up on posting, but I've been watching the progress. Sure would have liked to see it more in the Midwest, maybe even central Canada so Mark_88 would not have to drive to Florida to sign it. Not sure why it made a U turn back to the coast and wanted to stay west and south after that. Thought all was lost a few times, but it's been an interesting journey.

Congratulations on the nearly complete voyage and I'm sure it will see Key West soon.

Time to sign off.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I would love to see DG run this banner through the goal posts (long as he hits the brakes before he plops into the water), however Sept is a long way off and any member would be as great as the next. I do believe who ever runs it in should make a big deal of it, not just a pic or two and Meh. Lots of pics and video of the run, splainin the trip, a holiday attitute at the Key West monument, a dip in the water, just a really great grand finale for all the members that hauled and signed the banner and those that faithfully followed and rooted for its journey. When this banner finally gets back to TRS, HQ and Jim has it in his hands for real I can imagine the relief and emotion he and all the members will feel, the mission aint over yet ladies and gentlemen... lets finish it.:icon_thumby:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Great idea...except the dip in the ocean part...I could just see someone taking the banner itself in for a swim and washing off all the ink signatures that were not done in permanent style...

Ooooops...lol

not that a clarification is needed on that one...but the video and fanfare would be great...maybe hire a bunch of local Key Westerners to form a hero's welcome line with much flag waving, confetti (if that is allowed) or streamers coming down from tall buildings...

There weren't any tall buildings the last time I was down there, but there seemed to be plenty of locals who could probably be enticed to show their support and appreciation for a long, hard fought battle over thousands of miles and countless hours...

:yahoo: :icon_thumby: :icon_hornsup: :headbang: :icon_bounceblue: :icon_surprised: :popcorn:

:beer: :icon_pepsi: :birthday::icon_cheers: :icon_pepsi:

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good grief Mark you get more nuts everyday, wait what!:shok: Heh heh. It started with a sharpie and hope everyone realized why. That last banner I think it was AG Pete that had his at the time gorgeous wife/girlfriend/friend/local dip that banner in the gulf was good to go. I think everyone has been refreshing sharpies for the next crew.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
SO CLOSE!!

Let's finish it!!

lucasd12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006 Ford Range
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sorry i have been in and out of town and very busy at work and havent been keeping up with the status of the banner. I would be more than pleased to pick it up from whoever has it and move it down to key west, as long as you guys have patience until i request some vacation days from work. I can try to do it before septemper, (sept, 12 is my bday ). ill do my best to get on more often to see if i can meet up with the person who currently has the banner and hopefully we can organize a small meet since i have a couple of buds down here with rangers as well! :)

lucasd12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006 Ford Range
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so ive been trying to find who is the person with the banner in possesion, any way you guys can lead in the right direction. I would really like to start organizing an event to get as many people together

Spott

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If you'll read back a few dozen posts, you'll see that frankenstein95 is the one to contact; his father has it in Miami.

lucasd12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006 Ford Range
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
guess i didnt look back far enough. I just contacted him so we can meet up and hopefully we can arrange a small event and we can take plenty of pictures. If anyone sees him around let him know to contact me! :icon_thumby:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
One small step for the Banner......one giant leap for TRS!

lucasd12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006 Ford Range
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
YES! i can see how its a big deal! i see plenty of members you have taken part of it and it would be a pleasure to take it to the finish line! :headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals