• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

6x8 alpine

86ranger4x4owner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
I got a set of 6x8 alpines and right now i have have them hooked to a dual headunit.it pushed 18 x 4 rms watts and the speakers have 75 rms each so doesent that mean that there only getting 18 watts rms to each speaker?and i was thinking anout getting a small amp to run them and two 12s so i need a four channel amp.but on a four channel can u control the watts going to the speakers like if i had my two speakers hooked up two two channels and the two subs hooked up to the other ones can i change the amount going to the small speakers?thanks

30283RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes if you git a 4 channell amp you can hook 2 subs to the rear channels and adjust the gain as needed. You can hook 2 6x8s to the front channels and adjust the gain on the front channelS so that you dont over power them. You will want the front channells on HPF and the rear channels on LPf.

86ranger4x4owner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
I also have a dual headunit and when i turn the alpines all the way up with the radio they have distortion is it because of the radio or because they are underpowered and need a amp?

86ranger4x4owner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
Has anyone hooked up alpines in a 1988 ranger supercab? If so how did you splice or connect the apline speaker wires into the stock wires or did you hook them to a amp? Also i have another question.I one alpine 6x8 hooked up temporaly to the stock speaker wires in the back and when i turned my aftermarket radio all the way up the speakers sounded distorted they didnt sound good at all.but then i hooked them to a amp and they sound loud and clear any ideas on that?

Last edited:

30283RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dual is not the best audio company. If you had it all the way up the radio was distorting not the speakers this is bad for your speakers over time it can blow them .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals