• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Radio not working =/....fuse diagram?

liveandletdie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Looking at the fuses and none of them blown...so wondering what to do. Radio was working...hooked up a new amp. Powered it on was working for a few seconds then shut off...had one blown fuse that I replaced...but now wondering if I put the replacement back in the wrong place. Can't find the dang fuse diagram....maybe i'm just being stupid but i cannot find it on here or in the car. It's a 98 Ranger 2.3L Splash.....

On another note...did get a nice little kicker sub and a kicker amp though going to be a little difficult fitting the amp in the truck because its a single cab and tiny.

N e ways..can someone please find me the fuse diagram?

bigblue88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Automatic
should have diagram on cover

liveandletdie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
nope

not on the cover, but i did find it in the manual....

got all the fuses right now....so not sure whats wrong with it =(

hope my radio isn't broken...doesn't make much sense for it to be...the fuse on the radio is good, the wires are good to go, dont see anything wrong here....=/ any other possible solutions? gonna be pissed if it's broken..got a new amp and no radio to try it out with atm.

misweetrevenge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5 4CYL
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 2000 Ranger XL. if i disconnect the battery will the radio lock up on me?

bigblue88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Did you check both fuses; one on the back of radio and the one in the panel box? If not that it's got to be the wiring, receivers don't just blow less it's a peice. Does it have any power is it just not giving sound or just no power? Did you hook it up your self if so check wiring one more time, harness all the way plugged in. Gotta trouble shoot beginning to end. Some fuse panels have two fuses for radio If i can remember check both.

bigblue88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Shouldn't

i have a 2000 Ranger XL. if i disconnect the battery will the radio lock up on me?
Never heard of a radio locking up? But it will reset all your settings just have to reset it again.

rjppunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
My 97 had the same issue, check the audio fuse. It's different than what they label as the radio, its one of the higher numbers. Should be a red 10amp.

elliot2fastjameson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
if u didnt disconnect the bat before any installation you run the risk of shorting your amp/deck done it a couple times with new parts.
lol a year late

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals