• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Not a road vehicle...

lepp1892

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my friend used to go back and forth between reading, pa and flint, mi about 8 or 9 times a year... he had an 88 ranger with a 4.0, 5speed, 9 inches of lift and 35s

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Other than wind, I actually thought mine was a pretty good cruising vehicle.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i love my b2 on the road.. with the lift and light bar on the front, all the lil cars move out of the way!!! lol and i get about 20mpgs on the interstate

Tb8983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Not big enough
Transmission
Manual
I average about 18 in my b2 if I drive it nice or drive it hard and my ranger I average anywhere from 25-29 all day long but it's also brand new and I drive it relatively easy most of the time.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
Transmission
Manual
i made my 1500-mile trip last weekend. I learned that, whatever else the bronco ii may be, a highway cruiser it ain't.

The drive over (fairmont, mn to detroit, i-90->i-35->us-18->us-218->i-380->i-80->i-94) was into a ferocious wind out of the southeast. The truck wandered quite a bit in the gusty winds, and gas mileage sucked: I got 17 mpg out of the first tank, and 19 mpg out of the second. The last tank, which was all driving after the wind had died down, was 23 mpg.

There was one spot where it was squirrelly enough that i was frankly scared that i might not be able to keep it going straight, the winds were so bad.

The ride was also quite rough. My roommate, who works nights, tried to sleep in the passenger seat, but wasn't able to sleep well at all.

I'm sure it's a great off-road vehicle, but the very things that make it so work against it on the highway.
box!...

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i've never had problems on the highway with my b2, and it's got larger than stock tires on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals