• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just have to vent

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got one if you need one

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the exorcism might be a problem, I live in baptist country. I don't think they do those. :icon_rofl:[/QUOTE]

Find a Full Gospel, or Penticostal Church. They can cast the demons out. Or if you prefer, a good Native American Shaman can sage it. Then it'll be fine!:icon_thumby:

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I've got one if you need one
might take you up on that. How much would you want for it?

I've got a buddy whose gf lives in Stillwater and he goes down to visit her about every other week, might have him pick it up from you if he's down there next weekend.

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
AHHHH! No SCRAP! No Scrap! No Scrap B2! Remeber it is an old truck. dude I went throught the exact same thing you did. fortunately for me it wasn't my daily driver so it sat in the garage being preened for months
>Alternator
>Rad
>Belts
>Hoses,
>Exhaust
>Brakes
>Wbearings
>Ball Joints (4)
>Tierods
>Half Shafts
>Valve Covers
<Plugs Wires
>Leaf Springs
>Shakles
>Hangers
>Shocks (yes mine snapped too BOTH Sides!)
>Brakes
>Lines
>Hoses
>and a partridge in a pear tree!

and then I got laid off. Then My Taurus was Repoed and now I use my BroncoII as a daily driver and put about 200 miles a day on it. It was a biatch but once bugs are out it's a great truck and not may around.

If you bough a 1990 anything chances are you are gonna have a laundry list it is a 20 year old truck

If there is ANYthing you need PM Me, I have been through a top down rebuild on 2 1989 B2's

-Mike

Alyeska

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 88
Make / Model
bronco 2
Transmission
Manual
With an old truck/car like this, there will allways be something going wrong. It really depends on what your wanting. But, in all honesty, if you have the time and a bit of skill, fixing up an older car/truck is actualy cheeper in the long run than buying a new one. Specific concerns with the b2s would be the amount of plastic used in the things. THe plastic ends up falling apart after a while, and your going to find yourself replacing most of it eventualy. Spec the stuff in the egine compartment, and anything on the outside of the truck. I have seen a lot of b2s with ignission issues, having taken apart the ignition switch I think I figured out why, the plastic rots, and it basicly breaks apart inside. With mine, I am actualy planing to switch to a dash board ignition switch for starting it. Stick it somewhere nicely hidden away and no one will be taking my truck, cause thay could never get it started! No matter what thay did to the switch on the wheel.

THe worst thing with starting a project car/truck, you have to deal with all the crap everyone else has done to it. Some of it can be quite unplesent and quite difacult to repair. Still, once you got it running nice, Might take a while, it should stay in the shape you maintain it in, and you should be able to easily keep ahead of issues.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
might take you up on that. How much would you want for it?

I've got a buddy whose gf lives in Stillwater and he goes down to visit her about every other week, might have him pick it up from you if he's down there next weekend.
Just pm me and give me what you can for it. people helpin people man.

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
i have the skill, just not the time. I have a career that demands long hours during the week and an old house that needs some fixing up before I can sell it to downsize so the wife can quit working when we reproduce.

This isn't my first rodeo, I've always had old cars, many much older than a '90 Bronco II, so I felt like I was reasonable in my expectations - but this has by far been the most time consuming to keep running.

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
AHHHH! No SCRAP! No Scrap! No Scrap B2!
Oh and just for the record I won't be scrapping it...just selling it to someone with more spare time to work on it than I have.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sometimes they have to be scrapped for various reasons. I have scrapped 2 over the last 3 months.

I'm not proud, but parts of them live on, on many different trucks all over the U.S.

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Gotta chime in on this too. We received a "free" 87 BII from my mother-in-law. She brought it form Texas to Utah, runs perfectly she says, yeah right..... Is that why it was towed???? I swear the ONLY part I have not yet had to change on this truck is the TFI!!!! Once I got it running, then steering correctly, then stopping correctly, then accelerating correclty, you get the idea :annoyed: I of course started modding, that is cutting our rot and replacing sheet metal. She still ain't exaclty pretty but that little truck horsed my wife, daughter, cat and dog 4,000 miles from Utah to Alaska, in January! And it still runs perfectly, if you don't count having to put a ratchet onthe crank snout to mov the flywheel past the 4 mising teeth once in a while..... I got kooked on the BIIs and being a glutten for punishment I acquired 2 more, sigh..... Well the 84 was fun with all the emissions gear but got it running and sold it. Shame, it had a very solid body and got chopped by the guy I sold it to. Oh well. My current money pit is an 88 that was blowing oil badly enough to fail even the emission standards here in Alaska. For refference my 87 passed without a cat on it! Of course it failed visual becuase not cat installed:annoyed: Anyhow I got the motor rebuilt and had it purring like a kitten:yahoo: Test drive showed the trans to be, shall we say bad? Had bought a 92 Explorer for parts and all it's guts and gear are now going into the 88. Oh well it fills the winter nights, really glad I have a heated garage. Keep on keeping on. I agree a newer truck might be better but then again, I ain't beholden to any bankers. Take care and good luck to everyone maintaing these trucks. What can I say? I LOVE mine!

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I guess the other part of what I'm struggling with is that usually when I go through this it's some sort of classic car with more market value. With this thing, I could very easily have $3000+ in it just to get it in good shape but still 100% stock. And it's not something I plan on keeping forever, so resale value is important to me and the pure and simple facts are that it's a 1990 Ford Bronco II XLT, and they just don't have a lot of market value. I think it blue books for $1k even in good condition. That's not always accurate but even almost perfect I don't see getting more than $2k out of it.

So I either put another $1500 in it to sell it for $2000 if I'm lucky, or sell it for $1000-$1200 in a "clean looking, rough running but drivable" condition as it is right now.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I guess the other part of what I'm struggling with is that usually when I go through this it's some sort of classic car with more market value. With this thing, I could very easily have $3000+ in it just to get it in good shape but still 100% stock. And it's not something I plan on keeping forever, so resale value is important to me and the pure and simple facts are that it's a 1990 Ford Bronco II XLT, and they just don't have a lot of market value. I think it blue books for $1k even in good condition. That's not always accurate but even almost perfect I don't see getting more than $2k out of it.

So I either put another $1500 in it to sell it for $2000 if I'm lucky, or sell it for $1000-$1200 in a "clean looking, rough running but drivable" condition as it is right now.
Yeah thats true. There is not a market for these unless they're lifted. I saw a really really nice, new paint job 2wd B2 for 2500. I walked away. whwn I got far enough away a laughed uncontrollably.

Sadly enough I've seen a lot of older vehicles fixed up sold for far less than they were worth

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh I'll ship that alt tomorrow. Got busy

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
no prob...I've got other vehicles to drive and it makes it around town just fine as long as I charge the battery every couple days.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Another thing to mention here is there is a lot of satisfaction in getting an old car running reliably.Even though it sometimes seems like an impossible dream.My B2 has been pretty good since got the bugs worked out of the 4.0 switch and it's pretty fun to drive.Plus there is approximately 35 jeeps lifted with 33s in town and one B2, mine I like it that way.With the mods i've done it off roads well and still goes down the road better than it did stock so I do have some victories.Putting money into cars is usually a loss no matter what at least B2s are cheap to start with and used upgrades are available everywhere.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals