• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shaking From My New Wheels And Tires?

lessthanzero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a 94 ranger that i have recently added some new tires and wheels too.

I bought Detroit Wheels Cobra R Wheels 16x8 in., 5 x 4.50 in. Bolt Circle, 5.125 in. Backspace

I bought Riken Raptors tires for them

I did not have the skaking before i put in these tires and wheels.

I had to have a machine shop make the wheel stud holes a little bigger for the new wheel studs i had to use. Moroso 3 inch wheel studs. I got that done and put on the tires and wheels. now i am getting this shaking at different speeds that goes away sometimes and comes back other times any ideas would be helpful thanks!!

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Something within the wheel/tire combo has to be out of balance if it wasn't there beforehand. There's a chance the tires weren't balanced well. Or it could be related to the fact that you had to get the holes enlarged. I'd take the tires back to the shop first and ask them to re-balance them.

98ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i work at discount tire and sometimes for whatever reason the balancer can be out of calibration or whatever and we get customers coming back with the same problem occasionally. it just happens sometimes. have them road force them if they have a road force machine (they should).

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
+1 on what both of those guys said. I had the same problem with my old '91 ranger, I took it back and they rebalanced them on the other machine (free of charge) and they never gave me another problem after that.

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
See if the shop can road force the tires. Our machines at work will tell you were the heavy spot is and how much it is in lbs. You can have a tire with great runout and excessive road force. Usually 35lbs is the max, anything more and you have to 180 the tire and wheel, if that doesnt work then the tire is bad. We see it alot with Toyo MTs cause the casings are so think and heavy on them.

lessthanzero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks for the help guys

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals