• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

04 ranger 2.3 dual cam new engine?

ncsdaonex

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylider
Transmission
Manual
So my dad has a 2004 ranger 5 speed 2.3l dual cam, weve been trying to find a motor for it the last 2 years at junkyards with no luck seems like this engine is very hard to find, his still runs just is sluggish due to one cylinder having low compression, he fails emissions every year cause of this, and burns a good bit of oil too so sounds like pistion rings to me. So what years and mazda and ford trucks have this engine in them, Is this a common problem? he has 191,000 miles on it and hes never had to replace anything but an alternernator and wheel bearings and hes owned it since new so its been an amazing truck, but he wants to get another engine instead of fixing the one in it, so any help on what vehicles have the same engine in them would be a great help thanks.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Thats going to be a hard one to find... It was only used for 10 years (2001-2011) in Rangers and Mazda B-series. :icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals