• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new 2008 Ranger owner!!

AQUADGIO1200

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hello to all my fellow ranger owners...this past weekend i went to my local
Ford dealership in San Diego and made myself an owner of an 08 Ranger super cab w/auto trans v6 3.0 engine in a nice charcoal color! This is my first Ford truck/car...i came from owning a subaru forester turbo. I have to say that the Ranger is awesome...its rides smooth! I kinda wish i had the 4.0 engine...since the 3.0 seems alittle slow...maybe i just have to get use to it. I plan to add some oversized tires (BFG TKO All Terrains). Does anyone know where i can find lifts for the 08 ranger?? I cant find them anywhere! Also any suggestions on tires and size ( i plan to keep the stock rims for now) and lifts? Also....since its a 2wd model...i plan to do some light off road stuff...would a winch be good? Thanks!

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Grats on the truck. Post some pics when you can.

The 3.0 is slower than the 4.0, but it is a cockroach that will lst you forever with little maintenance.

For a 2WD Ranger, you'll want to look at Fabtech I believe. They make a good range of 2WD kits.

A winch would be a good investment if you have the money, but you'll need to purchase/fab a front bumper to mount it.

Tire and wheel sizes depend on the lift kit purchased. Check out the lift kit's info, it will tell you what size you can run with that kit. I know a good wheel size for a late model Ranger is a 15x8 with .375 backspacing.

Simple_serf

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nice...

Only potenetial problem I can see is the auto trans, other than that, the 3.0 is indestructable. They make power pretty high up, so remember higher revs are good.

I have kept the suspension on my 98 2wd stock, as it is good for what I need to do. First thing to do is find heavier duty, greaseable parts when you do look at lift kits. Greaseable balljoints are a must!

Whenever the 98 becomes my project truck, the first thing it is getting is going to be a locker...

2wd's can be very capable off road, but i doubt you will be using a brand new truck for that just yet...

Enjoy

hihoslvr

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'04
Make / Model
F.O.R.D.
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Where/ what kinda wheelin? Sand/ desert type stuff and a 2wd Auto's not bad, (from what I've read), don't know if ya really need the winch out there so much, probably just add weight were you don't want it. All the prerunners have lghtwght frntends, maybe check out a Fab-Tech lift and some more appropriate tires. Also, I gotta wonder were everybody gets their $$ for gas to just go drivin around, these days? Just get back from Iraq?

AQUADGIO1200

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Where/ what kinda wheelin? Sand/ desert type stuff and a 2wd Auto's not bad, (from what I've read), don't know if ya really need the winch out there so much, probably just add weight were you don't want it. All the prerunners have lghtwght frntends, maybe check out a Fab-Tech lift and some more appropriate tires. Also, I gotta wonder were everybody gets their $$ for gas to just go drivin around, these days? Just get back from Iraq?

Thanks for the input guys....yea no kidding...gas suck balls right now...im spending about 50.00 a week on gas! And i was so close in getting an f150...prob even more of a gas guzzler!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals