• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Florida runner build

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
it has come time for me to finally start my build thread.

what i have started with is a 93 ranger stx 4x4 with a 4.0 auto. i wanted it for a trail truck and sas swap, the whole 9. but i love prerunners, i know there is no where to run one here in muddy Florida but im doing one anyway.

i want to go with a simple but good looking set up seeing im not going to be jumping it at huckfest :bawling:

i will stop talking and get to the pics.....

bumper i built then trashed

so i can install my 99 front clip

pulled her in to start on the rear

rancho rs9000xl with res. 15in travel

next to my 35

2000 tundra springs. 58in long and have a 8.5in arc

camburg shackles

ballistic fab shock tabs

flipped it, but didnt work for me

then i moved it back 3in and dropped it 2in. braced the frame and built a drop bracket for the hanger

welded it all up

moved the front hanger

installed the spring and i was amazed that i pulled 18in from bump to full drop

put the bed back on and i was..ok..with the height, but when i get my bed sides i will be much happier.

started on my bedcage

all in and now for the fun part.

fully removable, now time to weld it all up

welded up and shocks installed

i still have to add some small braces and my tire rack then i will paint it. im happy with the way it turned out. it rides amazing compared to stock and lifted. the dirt roads are now a blast to drive. ive started on my cut and turn beams but im still doing my homework.

Last edited:

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
sorry pics are so big..i have no idea what im doing..lol

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Why did you get rid of the bumper? Looks good by the way.

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
it gave me over heating problems with the skid plate and it looked goofy from the side, it was almost flat in the front. i will make another one soon.

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
im glad the hanger set up is working for you. truck looks great with the up dated clip and ttb's

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
im glad the hanger set up is working for you. truck looks great with the up dated clip and ttb's
thanks..i basically copied your hanger set up :icon_thumby:

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like a great start. I dont see why extended 4wd beams couldnt perform as good or better than SAS

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Everything looks good to me so far. Are you planning on extending your beams or just doing a cut and turn? I just used stock width with drop brackets, I hear it handles better in woods.

The only think I would do is triangulate the floating shock mount corner (where the two tubes meet at a 90) to the bottom of the cage to give it strength.

How much were those shocks and why did u chose them?

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
you gotta gusset that bed cage, especially around the plates mounting it to the bed itself.

otherwise, it looks good. though your droop is way past where you want it to stop. you droop it until the leafs separate, go up one inch and strap it there. best rule of thumb to avoid destroying them or something else.

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
im going to do the cut and turn to get rid of the drop brackets.

the bed cage has been gusseted since pics. but i want to do more, as well as my tire carrier.

the shocks were 350.00 shipped and i picked them because its my daily and i wont be doing any crazy jumping with it, just down dirt roads.

thanks for the advise on the droop, i will be straping it.

i have a hf nocther and it wasnt doing its job so i had to do them by hand. i know that some of them are good, some are not.

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
im going to do the cut and turn to get rid of the drop brackets.

the bed cage has been gusseted since pics. but i want to do more, as well as my tire carrier.

the shocks were 350.00 shipped and i picked them because its my daily and i wont be doing any crazy jumping with it, just down dirt roads.

thanks for the advise on the droop, i will be straping it.

i have a hf nocther and it wasnt doing its job so i had to do them by hand. i know that some of them are good, some are not.
If the notcher is not notching the pipe centered shim the clamp with washers... look how the pipe sits in it and fix the thing...

I would keep the drop brackets, it will keep your steering alignment better (if you plan on running stock setup with pitman arm drop) and also I hear C&T can cause weird handlin up hills in the woods ext...

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
If the notcher is not notching the pipe centered shim the clamp with washers... look how the pipe sits in it and fix the thing...

I would keep the drop brackets, it will keep your steering alignment better (if you plan on running stock setup with pitman arm drop) and also I hear C&T can cause weird handlin up hills in the woods ext...

its not that, the shaft isn't straight and it tore up the bit..waste of money.

the drop bracket on the divers side hits my diff with any articulation. so i would hate to be in the woods or bashing down a road and put a hole in my diff.

as for the front im going to run my coils with the same brand shocks as the rear. maybe a shock hoop. i change my mind like i change my underwear..so check with my tomorrow..lol

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
its not that, the shaft isn't straight and it tore up the bit..waste of money.

the drop bracket on the divers side hits my diff with any articulation. so i would hate to be in the woods or bashing down a road and put a hole in my diff.

as for the front im going to run my coils with the same brand shocks as the rear. maybe a shock hoop. i change my mind like i change my underwear..so check with my tomorrow..lol
Can you show me pic of where it hits? What kind of brackets are you trying to use? I have skyjacker Class II drop brackets, they dont seem to hit at all...

I hear you about changing your mind... It happends to me constantly:icon_rofl:

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
His brackets are not skyjacker. It's a drop plate for the stock bracket and the 2 bolts that bolt it together hit the diff. So no dice on keeping the brackets.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals