• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wanting to buy another ranger!

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone im wanting to buy another ranger. What I'm wanting is a 1st gen 5 speed 4x4 extended cab with the 2.9. It has to run and drive. Body shape, rust doesn't matter to me. Preferably wanting it to pass inspection. As of rite now I have a 2000 spending limit. I'm looking everywhere in missouri. Southwest Illinois, and portions of states surrounding missouri. I can do the Craigslist searching but there's always trucks forsale that aren't on the Internet and that's where you guys come in. Please if you have the spare time help me out. Thank you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I had the first Gen Ranger, a 1983 single cab with a long bed, 4x4 with standard trans (over drive), manual hubs and it had the 2.8 L motor in it. The 2.9 came out a bit later on. I had the 2.9 in my 89 BII and it was just as good as my 83 2.8 L motor. Both motors are great. I had that 83 Ranger for over 14 years and never had any issues with it. I bought it with low miles in late 1984 out in California. I bought it from an older man who bought it brand new and just wanted to get something with an auto trans in it. I drove it back and forth from California to Florida and did Moab twice a year with friends who drove with me from the west coast to the east coast twice a year.

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had the 2.9 in my 88 I miss that thing

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Good luck on your search.
Not quite what your looking for.....but
I have a standard cab, 1984, 2.8 (carb), long bed, 4x4, 5speed manual, dual tanks.
Just sitting next to my garage, still trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it.
needs a carb rebuilt, and freeze plugs... other than that it did run.

there is just Something about the first gens I like more than the other years.

Searching my local craigslist (wichita ks)
there are a few on there...some in Oklahoma.
i search for direct years.
1985 ford ranger
1986 ford ranger
etc...

Last edited:

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea I'm not sure either the 1st gens just have a bit tougher look and easier to work on

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Those seem alright. I just can't really deal with another regular cab. There too small on the inside for me

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals