• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Advance adapter v8 motor mount question.

Psychoamish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am currently putting a 302 into my 87 4x4 ranger using advance adapter mounts (p/n713018). I drilled holes according to their print and made a plate to hold the 13 1/4" spacing. When I place mounts on frame and reattach plate, there is a significant gap at the bottom of the mount, as if mount not resting flat to crossmember. Was wondering if anyone has photos of engine and same mounts where I can compare with what I have. Thanks.

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am currently putting a 302 into my 87 4x4 ranger using advance adapter mounts (p/n713018). I drilled holes according to their print and made a plate to hold the 13 1/4" spacing. When I place mounts on frame and reattach plate, there is a significant gap at the bottom of the mount, as if mount not resting flat to crossmember. Was wondering if anyone has photos of engine and same mounts where I can compare with what I have. Thanks.
I have a 84 ranger and I had similar problems with the aftermarket adapter mounts. I had the Trans Dapts kit it is similar to yours. With many temps to get them to work on our PRE-92 Rangers, I decided to give up on the adapter mounts and go withe the 90-93 mustang convertible 5.0 motor mounts. I discovered that most bolt-on parts are not truly bolt-on and go with the 1983-1991 models. Hope I help, I would get your money back for those mounts if IK was you.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey bud, like 84, I used the transdapt kit and even on the '94 i had to make some mods to my mount plates and crossmenber. Honestly, it was nothing major, just longer slots for where the mounts go so everything would play nice together. Hope this helps n good luck.

Psychoamish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for advice. Bad thing is I had bought mounts years ago back when they were cheaper and the 5.0 swap in rangers really started taking off. After researching I did find that you can get same motor mounts from Autozone (p/n 2683 & 2692) for about $35. I thought that advance adapters made mine but after examining mine they had ford stamping in rubber. I will try the mustang convertible mounts. They not that expensive at Autozone. I'll take some pictures of the mounts I have on frame post a little later. Once again thanks for the help.

Psychoamish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry on Autozone numbers should be 2682 and 2683. Advance adapters number 713018.

Psychoamish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Pictures of advanced adapter motor mount issue

Here are pictures of gaps between mounts and crossmember I am seeing. I haven't set motor in yet, but had dabbed a plate to hold mounts apart recommended distance.

Attachments

Psychoamish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Driver side mount.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals