• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

97-03 F-150 towing mirrors

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Was trolling u-pull-it for entertainment over the weekend and stumbled upon a 2000 F-150 with cool mirrors. Started checking it out, some putz broke the DS lens but really the fit the truck and look nice... so for $21 a side a took a chance.

https://www.amazon.com/1997-2003-Towing-Mirrors-Power-Regular/dp/B008TGICCA

If you look around you can find them quite a bit cheaper than that.

Anyway, I stuck the PS one on to see what I think of it before I put more money in the other one. Install is a breeze, pop off three trim parts, unplug associated switches and the light and lift the door panel off. Three nuts to go off and three more to go on. More stable with the vent visor not tucked under it. Top mirror has a little bit of vibration but not terrible, bottom mirror has none. View is awesome and doesn't really block much of your view. They are angled back more than the stock mirrors. And they manually telescope out. Top mirror is power, bottom one is manually adjusted.

Telescopes out about 4". Probably nice for pulling a camper or enclosed trailer, I do neither so not a huge selling feature for me.

But it will be nice to see where the trailer wheels are AND what is going on around the truck at the same time. :yahoo:

IMO they look kind of weird more because I never ever see anything other than stock mirrors on these trucks, and for the last 12 years I have only ever had the stock mirrors on this truck. Of course after I get mine yesterday I notice they must be a popular upgrade for the 3/4 ton+ GM trucks, I saw two this morning with very similar mirrors.

Last edited:

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
hey thats a pretty good find:icon_thumby: OOh yeah get the other side fixed

I've been looking for a set myself. What brand are they?

Some of the cheaper ones I've seen complaints that they vibrate at higher speeds. So I would be curious if your new find does this or not?:popcorn:

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There is a little vibration at 60mph, still usable but the top mirror must have a tiny bit of play in the drives. Kinda wonder if manual mirrors would be more solid.

I had new glass put in the DS and installed it today. I still need a new connector to get the power part of it to work though, somehow the wires were pulled out of mine and nobody can get the pins.

No idea on the brand unfortunately, I have seen no markings whatsoever. If you look at the individual brands though none of them actually have a website so I wonder just how many companies actually make them. They all look identical to me on the outside anyway.

Wsljr2208

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Those are late model full size gm tow mirrors not ford but they will fit f-150 and ford rangers with litte to no modification

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Wsljr2208

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Those are late model full size gm tow mirrors not ford but they will fit f-150 and ford rangers with litte to no modification

They will have to be hard wired

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
There is a little vibration at 60mph, still usable but the top mirror must have a tiny bit of play in the drives. Kinda wonder if manual mirrors would be more solid.

I had new glass put in the DS and installed it today. I still need a new connector to get the power part of it to work though, somehow the wires were pulled out of mine and nobody can get the pins.

No idea on the brand unfortunately, I have seen no markings whatsoever. If you look at the individual brands though none of them actually have a website so I wonder just how many companies actually make them. They all look identical to me on the outside anyway.
I would just get a OEM connector from the salvage yard. That way if it ever needs to come apart again, then you got the connector.

Agreed they all look the same. I am looking more to the warranty behind them. Some are just a few months/ days , while just a few get into yrs.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

No, they are sold to fit 97-03 Supercab F-150's and are plug and play, no mods required. And trust me, there is nothing Delco about the connector.

Dunno how GM ones fit on a Ford but they are also marketed specifically for Fords. Mine are pretty new looking inside and out.

They will have to be hard wired

Plug and play, except some putz in the JY pulled the wires out of the connector on my DS mirror.

You can see the big Ford wedge lock connector here:

https://www.carid.com/2002-ford-f-150-mirrors/spyder-towing-mirrors-375340207.html

I would just get a OEM connector from the salvage yard. That way if it ever needs to come apart again, then you got the connector.
JY connector is now the plan, since it is an hour away I was hoping to just repin what I had though.

Last edited:

Wsljr2208

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
pilot/pilot-towing-side-mirror-81829233.html. well you can see where i was mistaken these are identical to the ones i put on my ranger

Wsljr2208

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Gm mirrors fit on a ford because the bolt holes and the outter plastics line up perfectly

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Gm mirrors fit on a ford because the bolt holes and the outter plastics line up perfectly

Cool. I will need to keep an eye out on the GM section of the yard then for a new glass.

The one I had made works but the other three are about half as thick of glass and have a slight tint to them. Having one different is kind of annoying. It works but still...

Anyway my brother is a Ford Sr Master tech and I bugged him about the pins. He has old connectors stashed away for parts in a drawer at work and found me three of them. Both mirrors work perfectly.

Fully extended they do bounce quite a bit and the DS runs out of adjustment. If I would have bought them to pull my camper and paid $150+ for them I probably wouldn't be that thrilled. But again I mainly pull a car trailer or farm equipment and only into them like $50.

As far as buying new if they are the same I would hit JY's and nab GM ones and while you are there grab the connector for your Ford truck. OEM GM is going to be better than who knows who aftermarket.

Last edited:

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic

You wouldn't happen to know which years work would you?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mounting may be different but I had a 95-98 dually follow me into town today that had them. I have seen them on trucks newer than '06 too (but again the mounting may be different)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals